Redemption by Chris James

Chris has started a new segment of his Exit Hollywood series/thread

http://awesomedude.c...exit_hollywood/

As I understand it the segment is a free-standing short story in its own right.

It follows the break up of the relationship between a young (seventeen going on eighteen) pop singer and his domineering father. The story has just posted the five chapters in one go, so you have a large bite to get the flavour (sorry Webster, couldn't resist). As well as the expected mix of music and lawyers... and music-lawyers, Chris has also stirred in Taoism and the close community of California's Chinese-Americans. That's a community that's new to me so I am following with interest.

The writing is Chris's usual high standard with rounded characters and loads of detail to add complexity and colour.

Its location in AD is as a follow-on on the Exit Hollywood splashpage, just scroll to the bottom.

Great story with surprisingly rich detail for a novella within a novel. It's too bad Chris doesn't have a Jim Curry to turn it into an award-winning film.

Great story with surprisingly rich detail for a novella within a novel. It's too bad Chris doesn't have a Jim Curry to turn it into an award-winning film.

There are 20 guys with the name Jim Curry in Los Angeles but I don't know his middle name and besides, I would think he has an unlisted number. How unfair. :wink: