Turning Fourteen by kkrimson

Cynus

A beautiful depiction of a new relationship forming, and I think it's going to be a good one. Only chapter 1 has been posted so far, and I hope there's more coming.

Read it at nifty. Here's the link:

http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/highschool/turning-fourteen-series/turning-fourteen-1.html

Malware Alert:

I'm sorry to say, Cynus, my virus protection program stopped the downloading of this link with a malware alert. Nifty is not a cautious site and needs to scan the listings more frequently to prevent such a thing.

I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't experience any problems, but I know that things like that change very quickly.

I use Norton and Malwarebytes Pro and neither raised a flag. What you can do is download Sandboxie (freeware) and run a sandboxed web browser when you go to Nifty.

Colin :icon_geek:

I didn't investigate further, but there is another file the page loads, and that file is seen as the virus. My anti-virus stopped the loading (Avast) but if I could be bothered to examine the page source, I'd expect to see a line in the page header calling another file. Much as in the same way a website calls a dotcss file.

Must say though, I was both surprised at Nifty and the author. Probably more likely the author's machine has a virus than any attempt by the author to propagate the virus.

I bet the virus could be in the counter at the bottom of the page. Certain kinds of active code like that can theoretically hold viruses. Nothing happened to me on the Mac, so it's fine under Google Chrome.

Guest Dabeagle

SPOILER

This was a cute story, however I do think it would have been better if there had boon more focus on Alex being the key versus the invisible lock that ran the length of the story. I'm not sure where he could go from here, it stands up well as a short story.

SPOILER

This was a cute story, however I do think it would have been better if there had boon more focus on Alex being the key versus the invisible lock that ran the length of the story. I'm not sure where he could go from here, it stands up well as a short story.

ANOTHER SPOILER

I agree. What he'd done is make me wonder where he's taking it. Certainly accepting that he unlocked his self-imposed closet is what I'd expect. The danger I see is that he takes f'ing forever and chapter after chapter to figure that out. Chapter 2 hopfully lets us figure out where he's taking us.

Colin :icon_geek:

I've been corresponding with the author, and I know we won't have to wait too long to find the next chapter. There was a tragedy that happened in his life, and that's the only reason why it's taking so long. We'll find out what direction it goes soon.