Editing

I am not sure if this is the place I come to seek help to get an editor. I am in the process of writing a story and have submitted it to AD and they suggested I have some editing done. The story is approx--as of this writing--230 pages long. That is 1.5 line spacing and Ariel font size 12. I'd appreciate any help. If this is not the right forum spot, please direct me to the appropriate forum.

contact info: stevenkeiths@aol.com

Thank you.

--Steven Keiths.

I am not sure if this is the place I come to seek help to get an editor. I am in the process of writing a story and have submitted it to AD and they suggested I have some editing done. The story is approx--as of this writing--230 pages long. That is 1.5 line spacing and Ariel font size 12. I'd appreciate any help. If this is not the right forum spot, please direct me to the appropriate forum.

It's not the length, but what you do with it -- seriously.

To assist in getting volunteers:

1. Age group(s)

2. Genre

3. A quick synopsis

For example most of us don't want to edit a story we aren't going to like. I did that once and it was miserable for both the author and the editor. You very well may get a volunteer without that but you'll get a BETTER one with some basic info.

If it's a story about furry late-teenaged raccoons set in Middle-Earth, I'm ready. Otherwise, you'll need to post more info :)

I agree with Wibby on this. I'm the editing lead for a program at another site were member authors can get editor/beta reader assistance. When I'm contacted by an author, I ask them for a description and a small portion of the story that I can send to a prospective editor.

I recently started working with a another author who contacted me personally, after a recommendation from someone. I read the first chapter that is posted at Nifty to help me make my decision.

Jan

First off, thank you all for your replies, they are appreciated. I am not very adept at computer "stuff" so I hope this where I respond to all of you.

The genre of story is a love story between two boys. I know there is a plethora of them out there. The protaganists are: Scotty a piano player--child prodigy; Sebastian (Bash) is a jock. They have been friends since the age of 4. Scotty is the youngest of three children. He is eleven yrs. younger than second oldest, a sister. His father is a police officer; his mother a homemaker. Bash was three when his father was killed while serving in the armed forces. Bash is being raised by a single mother who is a registered nurse. Though both boys are different in their interests, they are much alike in their outlooks of life in general. The story progresses from the childhood growing yrs. and focuses (thus far) on their teenage years (I plan to go into early adulthood). Bash's discovery that he is in love with Scotty-the struggles, mentally and emotionally that entails, etc. The story deals with acceptance, forgiveness and the ups and downs of Gay relationships from within and without.

There is sexual activity, but my main telling of the story is not to titillate--not that there is anything wrong with that.

I would be more than happy to provide excerpts or a few chapts. if someone is interested. I hope I have provided the need info for someone to take an interest. Though I think through the web I heard a groan along with, "Ooh, no, not another teenage love story :wub:

Again, thank you all for taking the time to respond. Please, let me know if you need any further info.

Regards,

--Steven Keiths

Though I think through the web I heard a groan along with, "Ooh, no, not another teenage love story :wub:

I'm reminded of the dildo in the movie Not Another Teen Movie. :wub: