News & Views - October 28, 2007

dude

Hi Gang... I suppose I should be happy to announce that our newly revamped home page is online since very early this morning. But frankly... I'm not good at playing the Pollyanna, while a dear young friend lies in a hospital bed in the critical care unit. Codey is a writer, poet and an avid reader as well. The group of young writers he has gathered around him over at Codey's World and the realization of 'one boy's dream' gives me encouragement.

OK.. I'm hardly a kid, turned even a year older on Thursday, but the hours I've spent reading Codey's stories and poems have been time well spent... and the hours we've spent chatting online with him on Yahoo Messenger have always uplifted and encouraged me. Now, we've all gotten a lot of pleasure from Codey's energetic and determined effort to write for us... I'd just like you to take a moment to consider the fragility of life and urge whatever God you worship to look favorably on young Codey and do what's best for him. And don't forget, Codey's partner Tim in your prayers and good wishes.

As Codey would say... what's new this week? Usually about this time of day on a Sunday as I sat down to write news and views...

Well....

At the very top of our newly designed AwesomeDude Home Page is Horror Movie - A Halloween Story by Graeme. Read it at your own risk!

We have a couple short stories by young author Bardeara... The Beaten Path and Once Upon A Time... Remember? and another of his Naptown Tales, Educating My Parents by Altimexis.

Here's the list of Serial Story Updates

If By Chance - Nickolas James - Chapter 1

Jeet - Josh - Chapter 17

Everybody's Wounded - Duncan Ryder - Chapter 3

Heart and Hooves: An Urban Fantasy - AJ - Chapter 3

Family & Friends - Ron Robbins - Mac Part 3

Sky's The Limit - Captain Rick - Book II Chapter 13

Debating Love - Funtails - Chapter 4

Desert Fantasies - Jack Scribe - Chapter 8

Buzzards, Hawks and Ravens - Ruwen Rouhs - Chapter 7.2

What's The Difference Between Me And You? II - Nick James - Ch 6

Fixing A Broken Heart - Rad Steven - Chapter 7

Saga of the Elizabethton Tarheels - Sequoyah - Chapter 35

Staking My Claim - Nickolas James - Chapter 11

The new story this week at the top of the list is by our prolific young author, Nickolas James - If By Chance. Nick now has 'count 'em' three serial novels going at AwesomeDude. When does he have time for studying? Maybe he'll write us a story about that, as well.

That's about it. Please keep our young friend Codey in your thoughts and prayers as he faces the greatest challenge of his young life.

And have a great week of reading.

Dude, Happy Birthday!

You might feel you are not good at playing Pollyanna, but you sure know how to say all the right things. Thank you.

I feel much the same as you. I am sure that everyone here at AwesomeDude and Codey's World are doing as you suggest. My thoughts are constantly with Codey and Tim.

:sneaky: