Flash Story: Love

As I'm sure you've noticed, I write flash stories. They are generally somewhere between 200 to a few thousand words, depending on how fast I type before the timer goes off. *glares at egg timer*

Anyways, I decided to post this one here since it's one that made me take a moment and really thing.

You can find all of the stories here

Prompt word # 7: Love

Its butterflies in the stomach and smiles that carry a secret. It?s walking hand in hand, even if it in secret. Its soft kisses and softer looks. It?s holding each other close, no need for sexual intimacy every night.

Its giggles and laughs, even at the stupidest things. It?s forgiving after a big fight and compromise before.

Its life for the heart and soul that fills you up and never leaves you empty. It?s the light in the dark that I want in my life for always.

It?s the one thing that has a duel side though. It can cut and maim, leaving you sobbing and in pain. It can destroy you even as it rebuilds you.

But it?s always there just for you.

Hey, Rose,

That's not flash fiction, that's poetry!

Beautiful piece of writing, it seems the shorter it is the more finely crafted it needs to be - every word must count, be honed and chiselled so that it fits perfectly and supports the structure. There's no space for anything that doesn't pull its weight.

This is a bonsai story!

Bruin

Hey, Rose,

That's not flash fiction, that's poetry!

Beautiful piece of writing, it seems the shorter it is the more finely crafted it needs to be - every word must count, be honed and chiselled so that it fits perfectly and supports the structure. There's no space for anything that doesn't pull its weight.

This is a bonsai story!

Bruin

It's a flash story alright. Like I said, this one made me think about it before I started to write.

Thank you for saying so. And yes, it does need to be written just right to give the impact you want in such few words. This one just came to me after the first line. I just recalled on my experience for love and it turned out longer then I was anticipating.

I'm glad you do like it though. :lipssealed: Thanks, again.