Justice Department Transgressions

Frankly, it continues to amaze me how much time, trouble, and angst is being spread around about something that shouldn't be anyone's concern but the two (or more) individuals involved in their relationships. Isn't there some Principle or something about this? (rhetorical)

I think I found a nice quote that covers this somewhat, although not quite:

I've been meaning for some time to write an essay in praise of the man that I consider to be one of the most important underrated economists of the 20th Century, C. Northcote Parkinson. His insights are largely ignored, because he wrote in an entertaining and humorous popular style, but his "laws" were in fact derived from psychological insight rather than economic model making (another reason why his work is often ignored). But try reading some of his work on, say, how committees apportion their time (The Law of Diminishing Interest: Time Spent in Discussion is Inversely Proportional to the Importance of the Subject) and then attend any meeting of any committee anywhere and anytime. Parkinson nailed that one and so many others, by simply pondering what people were thinking and what their motives might be.

Probably a thorough search of Parkinson's works would reveal something that is 'dead on'. I suspect that it is the fact that we can all relate easily to sex is the leading reason it affects to many decisions. I've noticed that which food service to use is often a major factor in convention planning, which kind of goes to the same issue, familiarity with the topic.