AwesomeDude goes Twitter!

dude

For the better part of five years, we've been doing story updates and general site information here in the News & Views section of AwesomeDude Forums.

I have resisted running an email list as it is a pain to keep up-to-date as well as some folks get busy with their lives and constant weekly or twice weekly updates could turn from information to spam in short order.

With the advent of Twitter... a free service, I can update changes made to current content of the site and you the reader can check for updates anytime you are thinking of us. There are two ways 'on demand' 1. Put a shortcut on your desktop pointing to http://twitter.com/awesomedudester/ or go the AwesomeDude Home Page and click on the AD Twitter Updates tab at the top. Either will take you to a page full of the most recent updates and short news items from moi, the dude.

If you happen to be a member of twitter, you can click on the 'follow' under AwesomeDudester and you'll automatically see any updates when you access your Twitter account.

Most importantly, you don't have to be a Twitter member to get the 'on demand' updates. Twitter messages are short and sweet and easy to read. I'm sure you'll like it if you try!

Even though I'll continue do News & Views updates here from time to time... Twitter will be the official way to get the most recent updates on what's happening at AwesomeDude on a day-to-day basis.

Thanks Dude, I'm sure everyone will be all atwitter with this news. :icon_cat:

The News and Views forum will still be available for those who wish to use it for longer items of interest and comments.

But the instant nature of twittering should be a very popular way to keep up to date with what is happening.

:hehe:

I like what phony news host Robert Colbert says about Twitter. When asked by ABC's Jimmy Kimmel if he used Twitter, Colbert responded, "yes, I've twatted before."

Kimmel fell down laughing, as did the audience. I'm amazed that got out on the air.

I gotta say, though, I must officially be an old fart, because I don't see the appeal of Twitter. To me, it's just another instant messaging service designed to suck more of your spare time into the ether. Does everybody really need to be connected 100% of the time?

Just the fact that Ashton Kutcher has 1,000,000 Twitter followers is enough to make me bail on the idea.

I like what phony news host Robert Colbert says about Twitter. When asked by ABC's Jimmy Kimmel if he used Twitter, Colbert responded, "yes, I've twatted before."

Kimmel fell down laughing, as did the audience. I'm amazed that got out on the air.

I gotta say, though, I must officially be an old fart, because I don't see the appeal of Twitter. To me, it's just another instant messaging service designed to suck more of your spare time into the ether. Does everybody really need to be connected 100% of the time?

Just the fact that Ashton Kutcher has 1,000,000 Twitter followers is enough to make me bail on the idea.

I can't see that I will twitter much either, Pecman, even if I am a bit of a twit. :hehe:

Using it for update notification seems like a good idea though. I prefer the length in the forums, (get your minds out of the sewer, boys.) I think the forum topics and blogs will always attract more considered discussion. Maybe the twitter thingy is just for quick notes.

Per Carlos Mencia: "Ashton Kutcher is a great dramatic actor (insert major world class sarcasm)."

Typical Twitter comment: "Ashton just went to the bathroom."

Rick