New Law

Cole Parker

Well, maybe not a law; I guess it's a rule. However, it's interesting if it's as written. With the LA Times and the liberties they take, one can't be sure.

Tufts University, in Massachusetts, has invoked a new rule. You can't have sex in your dorm room if your roommate is there. Hey, I'm not making this up!

The intent of this is to keep you from inconveniencing or embarrassing or upsetting your roommate if you're entertaining a guest and things get hot and heavy. However, the way the rule reads is, no sex in your room if your roommate is present.

Now the problem I see is, if you and your roommate are boyfriends, sexually active boyfriends, this could be troublesome. You have to go out into the hall, I guess, to get it on. I think if they mean you can't have sex with a guest while your roommate is present, it should be written that way, but even that would be contentious, because that means you could have sex with your roommate and have to exclude your guest, and he might be pissed at being excluded.

Perhaps they shouldn't write such silly rules in the first place. What's the matter with your roommate just telling you not to have sex when he's there if it bothers him? Why do you need a rule?

C

You forgot to supply the link Cole. I didn't find the LA Times one, but HERE is the NY Times article about it.

That brings up the question of, 'Is masturbation sex?' If so, that would mean that some circle jerks will also have to be held in the halls. I see a need for some entrepreneur to get busy and offer lists so that you can find mutual masturbation parties outside your own room. With computers it should be easy to make sure that roommates can't sign up for the same party. For the heterosexual crowd, perhaps lists where one person trades rooms with another for a specified number of minutes, or hours. A simple way to do that would be for one party from room A to go to room B while the party from room B was being entertained by the other party in room A.

Times have sure changed though. My grandmother was expelled from Washington Normal School in Bellingham for kissing a boy. I can't even guess what their reaction would have been has she been caught having sex. Ah well, Grandma always was a racy lady.

That article still doesn't discuss the ins and out of gay sex with a roommate. It would appear to be prohibited. So would straight sex, but I don't know of any colleges that permit different sex kids to room together. If they did, however, it wouldn't surprise me.

I still remember walking into a college dorm in the 90s and seeing coeds walking down hallways in almost nothing, and boys doing the same coming from showers with just a towel around their waists. We weren't allowed to have women anywhere in our dorms, and now they room on the same floor. I was told they both use the same bathrooms, too.

Times, they're not a'changing, they've a'changed.

C

I had a few college roommates and this was never much of a problem. We both mutually agreed that it was good for each others morale to get laid and one or the other would go out for a while.

I made the mistake of screwing my first college roommate- a cute boy from Tupelo with a fondness for cheap beer. We got drunk and one thing led to another and well... I turned a perfectly good kid from Reverend Wildmon's church in Tupelo into an unrepentant ass slut. He got to where he was cranky and useless until I poked him.

It was fun for a while but he never forgave me for making him gay and making him want it. He never missed the chance to pester me to screw him either... and of course me being the soft touch that I am, I wouldn't turn him down since I gave him the itch.

He lives with a guy in Memphis now and made it clear that he'll cheat anytime I'm ready. Perfectly scandalous. :doze::hehe:

Another room mate I had was a stoner kid that went to Catholic School in New Orleans. What a head case... first its screw me harder and then twenty minutes later let's pray together. I think he's a priest now. I would have kicked him out if he wasn't hung like a main battle tank. It would have never worked with that one. Fifteen minutes of fun wasn't worth all the hail marys and bible study. Sometimes great sex isn't worth cRazy

At the time I was going with Jeff and he would come up for weekends and I'd share. :w00t:

I was quite the slut at 18... and always wasted. :icon_geek: I just wish I could remember more and took pictures. :hehe:

Excellent work there James.

I remember being quite the seeker of any male that moved, at 18. One young man was really into it and I considered asking him to betroth himself to me. However after I set his hormones free in the usual fashion, he jumped out of bed and fell to his knees, hands clasped together, his eyes closed with his head inclined towards the ceiling, his voice crying and calling on some lord or other to forgive him. Meantime I lay at the ready on the bed with the thought that he was unlikely to reciprocate the release of my own hormones. After a few more incantations to attain some degree of exoneration for whatever seemed to be upsetting him, he got dressed and left without even a thank you. :doze:

Another cute young thing waited until we had nearly driven each other to the point of disembarking our tiny passengers when he leaned towards my ear to ask, " Do you think the Lord minds us doing this sort of thing?" :icon_geek:

I can't say I ever really felt the need to set up a dating kiosk at the local church after those experiences.

As for the no sex rule in the dorms, some administrators badly need to get laid. However I quite like the idea of a free for all in the hallways, so long as they have a plush pile carpet.

I still remember walking into a college dorm in the 90s and seeing coeds walking down hallways in almost nothing, and boys doing the same coming from showers with just a towel around their waists.

My college dorm building was co-ed, but they did it floor-by-floor. No girls and boys sharing the same dorm room, let alone bathroom or showers. But we did routinely have people of various sexes walking through the halls, having just showered -- like in a bathrobe or something. And this was 1972-1973, the first coed dorm at FSU.

I wish I had experiences as colorful as James, but the closest I came (no pun intended) were two guys I was desperately interested in, and both of them turned out to be fairly religious. I can remember leaning real close to one on my bed one night, having an intense conversation about the perils of sex before marriage (I took the pro stance; he was again' it). I was too chicken to make my move, but if I had it to do over again... *sigh*

One of my best friends agrees with me that his worst memories are lost opportunities in his youth. Ain't that the truth.

One of my best friends agrees with me that his worst memories are lost opportunities in his youth. Ain't that the truth.

Don't we all share that feeling? I think it's human nature. If only I had . . . .

The funny thing is, in our imaginations, every lost opportunity, every chance not taken, would have ended up the greatest thing ever. Now the laws of probability deny that would happen. Most likely, outcomes would be 50:50, and the riskier they were, the lower the odds for a propitious outcome. For every boy you were able to seduce on your dorm room bed, another one or four would have broken a tooth or two.

But none of us think that way. I wonder if that's an attribute more peculiar to writers than other folk. I think we live in our imaginations to a greater degree than non-writers do. And mostly, we write happy endings.

C

Don't we all share that feeling? I think it's human nature. If only I had . . . .

The funny thing is, in our imaginations, every lost opportunity, every chance not taken, would have ended up the greatest thing ever. Now the laws of probability deny that would happen. Most likely, outcomes would be 50:50, and the riskier they were, the lower the odds for a propitious outcome. For every boy you were able to seduce on your dorm room bed, another one or four would have broken a tooth or two.

But none of us think that way. I wonder if that's an attribute more peculiar to writers than other folk. I think we live in our imaginations to a greater degree than non-writers do. And mostly, we write happy endings.

C

Thinking out loud...Run for your lives.

Happiness comes and goes, as does pain and joy. How those moments affect us determines whether if this moment were to be the end, would we feel it to be happy or not?

Alas, all too often one man's happiness is another's end suffered in torment.

I would suggest that many of today's books and movies are written not by author's who are capable of imagining happy endings, but by those who are only capable of seeing the worst in mankind and so therefore condemn the rest of us to the unhappy endings that they write.

Happy endings, like all endings bring things to a close, those of us who, like Cole suggests, are capable of using imagination, do often try to share the means to a happier, even joy filled moment of living in the present.

I suddenly have the urge to request The Dude to play John Lennon's
Imagine
in the AD Radio Weekend Show.
:hehe:

In case your wondering, I need sleep. LOL

I still remember walking into a college dorm in the 90s and seeing coeds walking down hallways in almost nothing, and boys doing the same coming from showers with just a towel around their waists. We weren't allowed to have women anywhere in our dorms, and now they room on the same floor. I was told they both use the same bathrooms, too.[/size][/color]

We lived in a coed dorm for the past two years (now the four of us share a house -- much less expensive). The bathrooms are not coed. Anyway, in the mornings there are almost-totally-undressed girls (some with boobs almost completely on view with the occasional nipple or two showing), and guys in the halls in nothing more than a towel or boxers or jockeys or (best of all) skimpy bikini briefs (those are much more interesting to look at) :shock: and no one seems to pay much attention. I sure as hell did. :lol: Everybody says that's SOP in the dorms. :wav:

Colin :hehe:

For every boy you were able to seduce on your dorm room bed, another one or four would have broken a tooth or two.

I'm philosophical about it. I suspect it might've been about 50/50. The key question is, would the trauma of losing a friendship after making a pass at some guy, who then belts you in response (or is terribly offended), be worth it?

As it was, I did get lucky quite a few times. :hehe: I think I had at least a dozen liasons before I was 18, so given my limitations (and my reluctance), I didn't do too badly.

But man, if I knew then what I knew now... Well, let's say that would be a completely new novel!

And as to the new law: I think the reality is, if it's consensual, I say all bets are off. But I'd advise the people involved to keep the door locked.

Oh, and re-reading the news item reminded me that my college roommate did actually use the sock-on-the-doorknob thing once or twice to me. I had to head out to the lounge and study there for awhile. Haven't thought about that in decades.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a few college roommates and this was never much of a problem. We both mutually agreed that it was good for each others morale to get laid and one or the other would go out for a while.

I made the mistake of screwing my first college roommate- a cute boy from Tupelo with a fondness for cheap beer. We got drunk and one thing led to another and well... I turned a perfectly good kid from Reverend Wildmon's church in Tupelo into an unrepentant ass slut. He got to where he was cranky and useless until I poked him.

It was fun for a while but he never forgave me for making him gay and making him want it. He never missed the chance to pester me to screw him either... and of course me being the soft touch that I am, I wouldn't turn him down since I gave him the itch.

He lives with a guy in Memphis now and made it clear that he'll cheat anytime I'm ready. Perfectly scandalous. :rolleyes::ohmy:

Another room mate I had was a stoner kid that went to Catholic School in New Orleans. What a head case... first its screw me harder and then twenty minutes later let's pray together. I think he's a priest now. I would have kicked him out if he wasn't hung like a main battle tank. It would have never worked with that one. Fifteen minutes of fun wasn't worth all the hail marys and bible study. Sometimes great sex isn't worth cRazy

At the time I was going with Jeff and he would come up for weekends and I'd share. :w00t:

I was quite the slut at 18... and always wasted. :icon_twisted: I just wish I could remember more and took pictures. :hehe:

Hehe, catholic guilt ;)