Microsoft shuts down global spam network

Camy

Microsoft shuts down global spam network

Microsoft has won court approval to shut down a global network of computers which it says is responsible for more than 1.5bn spam messages every day.

A US judge granted the firm's request to shut down 277 internet domains, which it said were used to "command and control" the so-called Waledac botnet.

A botnet is a network of infected computers under the control of hackers.

The firm said that closing the domains would mean that up to 90,000 PCs would stop receiving orders to send out spam.

A recent analysis by the firm found that between 3-21 December "approximately 651 million spam e-mails attributable to Waledac were directed to Hotmail accounts alone".

Finally we can applaud Microsoft for doing something worthy!

Read more here

Hi! I'm a Nigerian Prince and I need the assistance of someone with an American bank account to move 10 million dollars US out of the country...

Ooo... me first! Me first! Just send me a cashier's check made out to "Sir Colin Kelly" in the amount of US$150,000.00 for my efforts in arranging for a secured facility that can assist you to move the "10 million dollars US" out of the country of Nigeria so you can reap the benefits and enjoy the kind of life as you are unaccustomed. As soon as the cashier's check has cleared, I will notify you by return email and we can commence in the move you are requesting. I look forward to hearing from you soonest.

Your faithful servant,

Sir Colin Kelly, esq. FACS, FOBS

And I'm an Aussie orangutan Queen, so I outrank you and the money should be sent to me immediately...all of it.

Actually I'm an orangutan dissident, but when I was 12, my vocational guidance officer told me that I could be whatever I want.

ug ug oog ug-ug.

:icon11:

Excuse me, but religion decrees that your flagrant orangutanistic lifestyle is a choice, and against the will of the gods, including Holy Steve himself. Repent! Repent! Repent, I say!

A concerned leader of the RR. :icon11:

Excuse me, but religion decrees that your flagrant orangutanistic lifestyle is a choice, and against the will of the gods, including Holy Steve himself. Repent! Repent! Repent, I say!

A concerned leader of the RR. :icon_geek:

You honestly think that I would choose to look like this: av-233.jpg

On second thoughts I did choose the photo.

Anyway, I'm happy being a gay monkey, so get off my back, or stay there if it turns one of us, on.

Steve is a God? Well he might be for you, but he's a tad old for me.

I think I'll leave the repenting for when the crowds stop coming for the orangutanistic orgies, but I can assure you that the unbelievers are growing in more ways than one.

Signed under the seal of the Order of Orangutans for Organised Orifices Orgies. (OOOOO)

Ug Ug ooooog ug-ug.