Gay Marriage Lives in CA

He also stayed his ruling, pending the appeal, so it hasn't taken affect, yet. No word on how long the ruling will be stayed for....

Here's what Walker actually did; this information didn't come out until some time after his original ruling:

Walker attached a stay order to his ruling, freezing it for at least a few days until a separate hearing can be held on whether to allow same-sex marriages while the case is appealed.

Read more: www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/08/05/MNQS1EOR3D.DTL&type=politics#ixzz0viXTxUsa

Colin :hehe:

Great news for all of us. I'm especially heartened by the fact that the Judge mentioned that part of his decision lay in the fact that the Prop 8 proponents were unable to articulate why gay marriage affected heterosexual marriage in any way. Their usual mantra is, "well, if they allow same-sex marriage, why, the next thing you know, they'll want to marry animals or children!"

What I wouldn't give for a large sock, filled with manure...

On a happier note, here's a great ad from the tech companies lobbying for gay marriage:

500x_prop8nooo.jpg

There's some major, big-time companies there, and I'm glad they had the guts to commit to this effort.

>>Conservatives vow to fight Prop. 8 ruling, citing threat to gay marriage bans nationwide

What a shame that would be. :hehe: it would tickle me pink to see the one in Mississippi overturned.

Not that I have any illusions about gay marriage ever coming to Mississippi, it would be fun to watch the wing-nuts have a melt down.