Pay what you want - 13 ebooks

Camy

The Humble eBook Bundle. This is worth checking out with authors like Cory Doctorow, John Scalzi, Mercedes Lackey, Paolo Bacigalupi . The following blurb is from The Humble Bundle site. The 'event' ends in 2 days

Thirteen works of literary genius. Humble eBook Bundle features thirteen masterful works from a prodigious league of award-winning authors and artists. Name your price and receive Pirate Cinema, Pump Six and Other Stories, Zoo City, Invasion: The Secret World Chronicle, Stranger Things Happen, and Magic for Beginners. Customers who beat the average price will also get Old Man’s War, comic collections Attack of the Bacon Robots, Epic Legends of the Magic Sword Kings, Save Yourself, Mammal!, The Most Dangerous Game, xkcd: volume 0, and graphic novel Signal to Noise!

Pay what you want. Separately, this collection of fantastic novels and comics would cost around $157. But we’re letting you set the price!

This is not entirely true. You can pay what you want and get 6 books, but for all 13 of them the bottom price is now (at time of writing) $13.91 and rising. Still, it's not a bad deal, and you decide how the money is split between authors, charity, and the site.

Compatible with computers and mobile devices. These eBooks are available in multiple formats including PDF, MOBI, and ePub so they work great on your computer, eBook readers, and a wide array of mobile devices! Please note that this is the digital debut for many of these great titles, and if you’re having any viewing or usability issues, please let us know!

Support charities and authors. Choose how your purchase is divided: to the authors, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the Child’s Play Charity, and/or the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. And if you like this promotion, a tip to the Humble Bundle would be greatly appreciated!

The Humble Bundle

It's a great idea. One of the books included is Cory Doctorow's novel Pirate Cinema, about a world of the future where people are horribly punished by the government if they download movies and music illegally, looks very interesting: a 16-year-old boy thinks he's figured out a way to beat the system, but he gets caught, causing his family to lose their internet access for a year (!!!) and resulting in him running away from home and living on the streets.

Doctorow is very bright and has campaigned tirelessly for the rights of the user, and pointed out how repressive and crazed things are beginning to get on the net.

I love John Scalzi! He's got a lot of good stuff but The Android's Dream is my favorite. I was reading it and hit one of the funny parts in a public place.

People think you're nuts when you laugh your ass off at a book but I loved every minute of it.