News that shouldn't be headlines

No, there are thousands of weddings every day that don't make headlines and as our society becomes better educated and more tolerant I would hope something like this just becomes part of the norm:

http://news.msn.com/...ame-sex-wedding

Oh yes, I am glad for the happy couple, they deserve credit for joining in marriage. But I look forward to the day when something like this is not headline news. Seeing LGBT issues and events sensationalized by the media makes us look exceptional when we are in fact normal people. So here's to the married couple, a toast to normal...may it happen soon.

Worth noting is Fulton's current role at West Point:

'Fulton has campaigned against the ban on gays in the military as a member of two groups representing gay and lesbian servicemen and servicewomen. She graduated from West Point in 1980, a member of the first class to include women.

She served with the Army Signal Corps in Germany and rose to the rank of captain, but left the service in 1986 partly because she wanted to be open about her sexual orientation. Obama appointed her last year to the U.S. Military Academy's Board of Visitors.'

That is worth celebrating. Here's to the happy couple.