Archeological Find: "A Halloween Surprise" in Codey's World

In the course of trying to put Codey's World back together, I discovered a whole group of stories by "guest and anonymous authors" that had been assembled more than 15 years ago and had since vanished from the site.  Thanks to the "Wayback Machine" web archive, I have been able to rescue several of these stories and return them to the CW site.

I decided to read one of them, entitled "A Halloween Surprise," found here.  The author is apparently anonymous -- there are no hints as to who it is.  I thought it was a pretty good story.  The hidden information seems to indicate that it was originally posted in February, 2007.

So far I have rescued four stories, linked here, but I discovered a short while ago that there are two more that I missed.  Probably won't get to those until tomorrow at the soonest.

I remember this story.  It's by Driver, and not only is it a scary Hallowe'en story that will stick with you forever, it also builds on his well-known themes of community, family, and personal commitment.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I should bring folks up-to-date on this.  I heard back from Driver and we have been corresponding.  He has granted permission to keep both this and one other story of his posted at Codey's World.  

A significant piece of information:  He says he rarely checks his mail at the hotmail/outlook.com address that is published with many of his stories.  That is why it took a while before I heard back from him.  He has given me permission to share that the address he regularly checks nowadays is his Gmail address:  driver.nine -at- gmail.com (fill in the @ sign where it belongs).  That's the one to use should you wish to get in touch with him.

Cheers,

R