"Someday Out of the Blue" by Little Buddha TW

I am starting a new topic for this because the previous one is about 14 years old, when the story was first being posted here.

In the course of cleaning up the new/relocated Codey's World site, I discovered that the link to this story simply sent people over to the AwesomeDude site instance of this story, with no way to return to CW.  I decided that it would be better to have something that was tailored to CW, so I essentially cloned the author page and story at the CW site.  The index page is here.

Having moved the story, I was intrigued and decided to read it.  It is quite long, and quite a journey.  Some stuff in it gets rougher and more graphic than the typical CW fare, and I wondered how it ended up there.  

The lead character is a young man named Connor, who faces some rather daunting challenges and makes some debatable decisions along the way.  Readers will go from moments of cheering Connor to moments of wanting to slap him.  The same can be said of a number of the other characters.  It seems unlikely that any reader would come away indifferent.

It took quite a while to read through the whole thing, but I finally got through it on the weekend, and I'm glad I did.  The author, @LittleBuddhaTW, participated in the original thread for this story as it was being posted, and may chime in here if they're still around.  All the story pages are formatted in the ancient (by computer standards) manner of Microsoft FrontPage 6.0, and could stand a facelift to our current CSS-based page design, but that's a task for another day.  For now I just wanted to bring it to peoples' attention.  It might also be a good candidate as a Pick from the Past at some point.

Worth a read, but understand the time commitment!

R

I remember reading Some Day Out of the Blue many years ago, but I read it at GayAuthors.org, where he was the equivalent of what they call a Signature Author today. He's now a Classic Author at GA, as am I, but he hasn't contributed any content since 2011. It seems he last visited the site in 2014.

Like many of the best authors from the early days of gay fiction on the Internet, he just disappeared. It's a shame that so many talented authors stopped writing. Perhaps for them, it was a phase of discovering themselves at a time when being gay was just gaining acceptance. As is becoming more obvious by the day, however, we can't take anything for granted. We need to stick together as a community.

I'm so glad you've taken this on, R. It's nice to see old content being resurrected.