'Laurel Ridge' by Joe Casey

Laurel Ridge is a thoroughly good read. Set in 1937 (post depression, pre-war), it's not as bleak as I thought it might be.

I haven't read anything by Joe Casey before this, so now I'm off to see what else he's penned...

:icon_geek:

Here's a picture of Reid's car:

image.jpeg

I humbly thank all of you for reading the story and taking time to comment about it; your kind reviews are most appreciated. The story wasn’t written specifically for the “Turning 20” challenge, but its themes seemed to mesh nicely with the challenge, so I submitted it. 

I have one story somewhere in the pipeline with AD; luckily, it takes place in the present day. I have two other stories—also comtemporary—that relate to each other and can submit them for review fairly soon.  

Thank you so much!

Joe

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2024 at 8:23 AM, Joe Casey said:

BTW, I have a number of stories over on the IOMFATS website, under the same Joe Casey author name.

Please do submit your other stories here. Not to disparage IOMfAtS, but we can give your stories the treatment they deserve, in a format that’s easily readable on any device. BTW, if you would like to include graphics such as that picture of a vintage automobile, we can do that. We’ll even purchase a license for a picture if it’s not in the public domain. Unfortunately, IOMfAtS doesn’t see anything wrong with copyright infringement.