Justice Uganda style

I'm not surprised in the least. As I understand it, Uganda is a sink of ignorance, corruption, and violence. It's been reported that they have evangelical fundamentalists contributing to the malaise by supporting the notion that the death penalty is appropriate for Gays. Makes it hard for me to work up much sympathy for Ugandans.

On an altogether different tack, I saw that Morgan is now manufacturing a new electric three wheeler that will be for sale in the US. We can't have the four wheelers for environmentally correct reasons that have nothing whatever to do with the scale of the emissions.

I'm not surprised in the least. As I understand it, Uganda is a sink of ignorance, corruption, and violence. It's been reported that they have evangelical fundamentalists contributing to the malaise by supporting the notion that the death penalty is appropriate for Gays. Makes it hard for me to work up much sympathy for Ugandans.

On an altogether different tack, I saw that Morgan is now manufacturing a new electric three wheeler that will be for sale in the US. We can't have the four wheelers for environmentally correct reasons that have nothing whatever to do with the scale of the emissions.

I have zero sympathy for the system, but ordinary folk are just the same as anywhere really. Yes, Uganda is known for having a both corrupt and bad regime, but have a read of the first dictators obituary and quite a lot will fall into place.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2003/aug/18/guardianobituaries

As bad men go, Idi Amin was one of the worst.

As for Morgan and electric vehicles, range is usually the killer. The claimed range of 150 miles is important, but just perhaps, a niche vehicle which this certainly is will score, I hope it's a success. I've done 100 mile days in my vintage one (a 1930 Super Sport Aero), but you wouldn't want to drive it further on a regular basis.