Sign in to follow this  
JamesSavik

Boydrake

I find this story very interesting because of the mystical element.

The rites performed seem very, very Celtic but sadly, we know very little about this tradition.

You've caught my very jaded imagination.

Well done Backwoodsman.

I'm looking forward to more!

I too am reading Boydrake, initially inspired by the clever name. (I expected a young magician!) The author has woven an interesting tale that might well be seen through the eyes of Celts or any of a number of what we would consider "older" tribal cultures. There are a few issues I consider a bit over the top, but the author recovers well with some absolute poetic moments (i.e., the fawn). He has also established the groundwork for numerous pathways in future chapters which I look forward to with great anticipation.

Boydrake continues to be a most pleasurable read. Still not sure where we're going, but it's a wonderful journey getting there.

Oddly enough, even though the tale is set somewhat recently, I find myself thinking that I'm in the fifteenth century. Perhaps it's just a Longfellow moment with his "Under the spreading chestnut tree..." that does it. Excellent work.

Oh bravo. This tale is lots of fun.

Mystery, mysticism, suspense and nakedness! Some of my favorite things. :biggrin:

Well done Backwoodsman!

Read this for the first time just now, by virtue of the story being a Dude's Pick.  

Still trying to figure out what happened with that library book.  

The ending would work well in a film with a decent special effects budget!

R