Johnny Go Home - request for help finding video

Back in 1975 Yorkshire TV showed a documentary on ITV about boy prostitution in the West End of London, it was called 'Johnny Go Home'. Most of it was made in 1974, though some of it was from 1973. That was the year I left London and working as a call boy. Some of the boys I knew from that time were in the film.

There was at one time a video of it available in the UK but it was taken off the market after a threat of legal action by one of the men who were referred to in the film. My understanding is that it was also distributed outside of the UK. If anyone knows if it is still possible to get a copy of the film and where it can be got from I would appreciate it if they could let me know.

Hi Nigel,

I wasn't able to find a copy of the documentary but it can be found at some libraries, universities, etc. There was a post on David Icke's forum of all places that lists some sites where it can be viewed, I also happened to find a book with the same title on eBay. Apparently it followed the airing of the TV program. Good luck with your hunt, You might want to check eBay sometimes - most things end up there eventually.

s-l500.jpg

https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=306357

There are two ways you can view “Johnny Go Home”through the British Film Institute but it isn’t available to watch from home.

The first thing to do is to check with your local library whether they are members of BFI Screenonline.Membership was only available to Schools, Universities,Colleges, and Libraries and new registrations are currently suspended. If you are lucky and they are members, you could ask them for access and you can watch the majority of the documentary online through them. It is split into four clips, The End of the Line Part 1 and Part 2, and The Murder of Billy Two-Tone Part 1 and Part 2.

Alternatively, BFI has Mediatheques around the country in which you can view “Johnny Go Home” as a 100-minute video. There are Mediatheques in the following locations:

BFI Southbank, London
Library of Birmingham
National Media Museum, Bradford
Central Library, Cambridge
Quad, Derby - 01332 290 606
Bridgeton Library, Glasgow
Central Library, Manchester
Discovery Museum, Newcastle
Wrexham Library, Wrexham