NEWS: Brad Pitt on Marriage Rights

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060908/ap_en_...eople_brad_pitt

Brad Pitt: I'll marry when everyone can

Fri Sep 8, 3:10 PM ET

Brad Pitt, ever the social activist, says he won't be marrying Angelina Jolie until the restrictions on who can marry whom are dropped.

"Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able," the 42-year-old actor reveals in Esquire magazine's October issue, on newsstands Sept. 19.

In the article he reflects on "fifteen things I think everyone should know."

Though Shiloh, the world-famous daughter of Pitt and girlfriend/earth mother Angelina Jolie, hogged much attention upon her birth in May, Pitt says he "cannot imagine life" without adopted children, Maddox, 5, and Zahara, 1.

"They're as much of my blood as any natural born, and I'm theirs," says Pitt. "That's all I can say about it. I can't live without them. So: Anyone considering (adoption), that's my vote."

Pitt, who plays a world traveler in the upcoming drama "Babel," subscribes to a laid-back parenting style.

"I try not to stifle them in any way," he says. "If it's not hurting anyone, I want them to be able to explore. Sometimes that means they're quite rambunctious."

Lucky kids.

"I feel it's really important to have that time to sit and talk to them," he continues. "I really like that last minute before they fade off. And always give them a heads-up before you jerk them out of something. You need to tell them, like, `You have three more minutes.'"

___

Copyright ? 2006 The Associated Press.

I dunno, that smacks of spin to me. Very good spin mind you, but spin none the less.

I don't think you mean 'spin', I think you mean Brad is lying.

I don't know whether he's lying or not, but I like the idea that he's thoughtful, as well as cute.

Kisses...

TR :omg:

In public relations, spin is a usually pejorative term signifying a heavily biased portrayal in one's own favor of an event or situation that is designed to bring about the most positive result possible. While traditional public relations relies more on creative presentation of the facts, "spin" often, though not always, implies disingenuous, deceptive and/or highly manipulative tactics to sway audiences away from widespread (and often commonsense) perceptions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_(politics)

Maybe, but I agree with this attitude to parenting, though. :omg:

Graeme, will you be my Daddy? :omg:

Kisses and hugs...

TR :bunny:

Graeme, will you be my Daddy? :omg:

Sorry, TR, but my wife and I made a conscious decision some time ago to keep our family to two kids (for at least the next few years). The way we see it, there's always one parent for each child.

Longer term, I'd like to explore fostering, but we are a long way from being ready to doing so.

Graeme