And Dream My Dreams of You by Jay B

Graeme

Firstly, an apology.

I'm extremely sorry that it's taken me this long to read this story. For a new author at this site, it's an insult to wait this long before getting around to reading his debut novel. My only excuse is that work has kept me very busy recently.

I am really enjoying this tale. The characters are not over-the-top, but a fair and reasonable teenagers. Teenagers have secrets, and they don't blab them to everyone at any chance. I'm interested in seeing what happens next, especially to see what happens at the party. I'd like to think I'm going to be as good a dad as Paul's, but that remains to be seen.

Well done, Jay B! :unsure:

Graeme :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Defenitely well done!

I can't wait to read the next chapters.

Like said, nothing over the top, like you can just step in and stand in the middle of it.

And that's exactly what I am doing when I am reading it.

When this is a debut novel, I am curious what is going to flow out of his pen in the future!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I kind of realized that "guy falls for his seemingly-straight best friend" wasn't exactly an original idea, but I wanted to write something that at least felt true to the life of teenagers, at least as well as I can remember what it was like four years after the fact. I'm not sure what I'll work on next-- I'm still tossing around a couple of ideas--but your comments definitely encourage me to keep at it.

One of the things that struck me is how real the characters seem. Even if the circumstances strain credibility a bit, the characters are so well written that I'm not fussed at all -- they are reacting exactly how I would expect real-life people to react, flaws and all.

:icon6: Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...