AWESOMEDUDE ANNIVERSARY CONTEST

In honor of our upcoming THIRD anniversary, AwesomeDude Admin is proud to announce our very first CONTEST! Prize: gift certificate to Amazon and dinner with an AD Author (on The Dude?s tab, we know Authors aren?t always flush).

To win you must save daylight during Daylight Savings Time, and the prize goes to whomever saves the most. This contest is open to any readers at AwesomeDude and may be played even by those who live outside areas where Daylight Saving Time is in use. No age or other requirements.

RULES:

Beginning with the first day of Daylight Savings Time (and please note that this begins earlier this year!), those entering the contest must begin saving daylight. Those who save the most daylight by midnight of the last day of Daylight Savings Time will be awarded a prize.

Only pure daylight is allowed. No pre-dawn light or twilight will be accepted. Daylight on cloudy days is allowable. Moonlight is strictly prohibited and any of it mixed with daylight will bring immediate disqualification.

Contestants are instructed to save their accumulated daylight in any container they wish, then ship the container to the AwesomeDude mailing address (request shipping info at DST@awesomedude.com) at the end of Daylight Saving Time ? or when they think they have saved enough daylight to win.

Good Luck!

I'm just asking for clarification on the rules.

Does this competition commence from the next start of daylight savings (which will be October, here in Australia)? We've only got a few weeks of daylight savings left so we don't have much time to save it up if we have to put in our savings by the end of this period of DLS....

Contestants may enter even if Daylight Saving Time is not currently in place where they live or even if it is never used (Puerto Rico, Guam, Hawaii, Arizona, etc). Everyone is eligible. You need only save daylight, no other restrictions apply. Our intent is to honor the idea of Daylight Saving Time, that of having additional hours of sunlit fun in the evenings, more time for partying, dating and reading romantic stories here at AwesomeDude.

So, yes, you can enter but the time frame of the contest applies to USA EASTERN TIME ZONE use of Daylight Saving Time. Thus, in your case, you will submit your entry right at the time you actually enter DST down under, Graeme. But don't miss our deadline!

Kisses... :omg:

:omg: TR, on behalf of AwesomeDude Admin

Strangely enough, it seems there's a song by Radio Free Babylon on their disc, Geometry entitled, "Daylight Savings Time." Then there's always Manfred Mann's Earth Band, who did Bruce Springsteen's song, "Blinded By the Light."

I won't even try to get into daylight, sunlight, moonlight, or moonglow. That would be metaphorically unrestrained.

I'm just gonna go back to "Walking on the Sun" or "Walking on Sunshine."

By the way, does anyone have some fireproof boots?

You're in luck Graeme, the rules allow cloudy days. (Melbourne has lots of those. he he). :evilgrin::lipssealed:

Whereas here in Adelaide we have over 300 days of sunlight a year.

Furthermore we have very pure sunlight being right on the edge of the ozone layer hole in the atmosphere, so our saved daylight should be worth double other places.

However, as our government here is very concerned about conservation of natural resources, we may have to apply for a special export licence to send in our entries. They want us to save as much daylight as possible for rainy days.

I think that some people may cheat by mixing in some of their own brilliance into their entries as they seem to think that the sun shines out of their backsides. So you may need to filter the entries for self-generated radiance. :spank:

Do sunbeams of love and happiness count?

:hehe::wink:

Strangely enough, it seems there's a song by Radio Free Babylon on their disc, Geometry entitled, "Daylight Savings Time."

The mid-1960s singer Keith (aka 17 year-old James Barry Keefer), well-known for his 1967 classic "98.6" (#7 on the U.S. charts in late 1966), had a minor #79 single, "Daylight Savin? Time," on Mercury Records in June of 1967. '

As to saving daylight: I dunno about saving anything, but jeez, I sure waste a lot of night-time nattering away here...

I just wanted to point out that this contest is extraordinarily unfair to us vampires.

Nonsense. You've never heard of a light trap? :evilgrin:

You could redeem yourselves, however, by changing the prize from a dinner with an AD author to a dinner of an AD author.

Here at AwesomeDude, we take a liberal, but laisser-faire, approach to acts between consenting adults. You are free to make whatever arrangements you like with your prize Author, but we can't act as procurer. Unless you pay us to. :lipssealed:

TR

Nonsense. You've never heard of a light trap? :spank:

Here at AwesomeDude, we take a liberal, but laisser-faire, approach to acts between consenting adults. You are free to make whatever arrangements you like with your prize Author, but we can't act as procurer. Unless you pay us to. :evilgrin:

TR

I just naturally thought that dinner would include any vampire necking which would be part of sucking up desert...or something similar. :lipssealed: