News & Views - February 3, 2008

dude

Hi Gang!

Lots of news this week. Before he left us, our friend Codey wrote a poem/song titled Broken Heart and had asked our talented author/poet/musician Camy to set it to music. I'm happy to say that he made good on his promise to Codey and Broken Heart the song is now ready. I think Camy out did himself on this one and, as you can tell by listening, it was a labor of love... orchestrating and vocalizing the words by Codey. You'll find and be able to listen to it over at Codey's World or by clicking the button in the New Music section of the AwesomeDude Home Page. If you want to follow along with the lyrics, clicking the title will open the lyrics page on Codey's World. Great work Camy! What a great way to remember our beloved Codey!

Before we let Camy off center stage, we want to point you to his newly launched website http://www.camysgaff.com. The site looks super and can also be accessed by clicking on Camy in the AwesomeDude Author list on the homepage or by the link listed in AwesomeDude Family sites. New Author Pages also now online for both Altimexis and Jack Frost. Clicking on their names on the Author's list will get you there.

Traffic on the new AwesomeDude Windows Media servers has picked up in the last couple weeks since we hooked them up. We've also hooked up a Real Media server for those of you who use that device. Both the WM and RM players work at 64K and are intended for broadband users. Our high performance Winamp Player aacPlus server still runs at 32K and might be better for those with limited bandwidth. The audio quality on all three are roughly equivalent. All of the above plus the links for Mac users we've added make it even easier to join us on AwesomeDude Radio, music to listen to as you read and write.

OK here's the rundown on new stories/chapters for this week.

Short Stories

The New Job by Altimexis - A Drawn From Life story

It's Jack I Feel Sorry For by Caleb

Current Serial Novel Chapter Updates

Not Entirely Alone With Myself - WBMS Chapter 12

Duck Duck Goose by Cole Parker - Chapters 26 & 27

Desert Fantasies by Jack Scribe - Chapter 20

Moving On by Jack Frost - Chapter 14

Jeet by Josh - Chapter 31

Outside The Foul Lines by Rick Beck - Chapter 8

Here's Looking At You, Kid by Douglas - Chapter 11

Family and Friends Series by - Ron Robbins - Mac Part 17

Our list of new chapters is down to about half this week... each author with a different reason. Must be a busy season. A few of our authors are readying Valentine's Day themed stories... watch for them in the next week or so.

We have our Dude's Picks for February up now... stories that have been off the front page for some time but are very worthwhile reading. This month we feature The Castaways by Rick in the novel category and our featured short story is Blood's Thick by our Poetry Editor, Gabriel Duncan.

Just another reminder to go by the AD Home Page and click on the button with the arrow to hear the song, Broken Heart...

That's it for this week... see you again next week, same time same station and have a great week of reading!

Camy's music and vocals are a real hit. I know Tim's thrilled, and their friends who've listened have all been surprised.

-----

It's great to know all three writers have been nominated. Each author deserves it, and Codey would be proud of his friends.