Gab

Camy

Gab

by Camy

-----

"Poof!"

I ducked as a bar stool flew over my head, smashing the ornate mirror on the wall behind.

It started out as a pleasant enough evening in 'The Queens Legs', our local. It was the usual scenario: a few drinks, some palaver - often about the tedium of work - followed by a curry. I've always thought it strange that curry is now the national dish of England, considering it comes from India, but then I digress ... where was I? Oh, yes!

So ? anyway! Oddly enough Ken was late! Now, Ken?s never late! He?s generally much earlier than the others, and always with a raging desire to down a couple of brandies for Dutch courage, before braving the curry house. I don't know what he thinks is going to happen to him in there: ?cottaging?, Bryan says, and then giggles when I point out the Taj Mahal is a restaurant and not a public lavatory ... still, I'm really not the one to be asking.

So, Ken rolls in, half cut ? and with Daniel on his arm! Now, don't get me wrong 'The Queens Legs' is a wonderful pub, and the barman are all as friendly as apple pie on a summer?s day ? provided, Giles says, ?I'm willing to provide the cream!? Oh! he?s such a dirty boy! and with a mind like a sewer, too!

Well, anyway ... since they started building the shopping mall in the town centre, there's been an influx of labourers to the ??Legs?: and cute though some of them most definitely are, some are not entirely ... well, you know ... gay friendly ... and you just have to watch out for those, don't you?

So, to cut a hugely garish long story hideously short - rather like Bobby's hair! They didn't appreciate two drag queens mincing in, arm in arm ... especially after such a long day on the cement trucks.

Bad, bad boys!

Oops, there goes another window!

-----

gab

Noun

> Synonym: causerie, chin-wag, chin-wagging, chitchat, gabfest, gossip, small talk, tittle-tattle.

> Hypernym: chat, confab, confabulation, schmoose, schmooze.

Light informal conversation for social occasions.