Is it my computer"

As has been readily apparent, I know less about computers than most anything else.

So I have a question for most anyone else here.

Normally, at AD, when I go to read a forum entry, or post a reply, the time between my clicking to open something and it being open is a matter of maybe a second.

Today, it's taking about 20 seonds. When you're used to one second and it extends to twenty times that, it seems like forever.

Is anyone else experiencing this delay, or is it only me?

C

Sadly, I too, have this problem today, and even worse, not only on AD, but other forums as well. It's like something ate a slow pill or something.

I noticed the slow down at CW about 3 days ago.

It has now spread to AD.

Google is okay and so are most other sites, including Nifty, but AD and CW are not alone in being slow.

Also I seem to be missing email notification of posts to those threads I have posted in.

I cleaned out the cache etc., but it has made no difference.

It has all the earmarks of a conspiracy plot to filter quality sites.

It's the end of life as we know it people.

:icon_geek:

Just look at it this way, Cole: You can write a whole new chapter of a whole new story in the time that might otherwise be wasted waiting for inane posts and blogs to show up on your screen. <Trab cackles and flies off on his harpy broomstick>

Trab, I was talking about having to twiddle my thumbs for 20-second intervals.

I do write fairly quickly, but that's absurd.

You're taking flash fiction to a whole new level.<g>

And where, may I ask, is your alphabetically induced 26-word challenge piece? I expected you to have fun with that.

C

I was on two other websites last night (totally unrelated to this one), and one crashed and gave me a "down for maintenance" message, and the other just stopped. An hour later, they were fine.

Maybe it's phases of the moon... Or maybe there was another mysterious sabotaged internet cable in the Pacific again (which some believe could actually be a conspiracy). The idea of terrorists bringing down the internet isn't entirely impossible (though movies like Die Hard 4 are still really stupid).

Trab,

And where, may I ask, is your alphabetically induced 26-word challenge piece? I expected you to have fun with that.

C

I must have missed this challenge. I don't read everything, contrary to popular belief, and I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was on two other websites last night (totally unrelated to this one), and one crashed and gave me a "down for maintenance" message, and the other just stopped. An hour later, they were fine.

Maybe it's phases of the moon... Or maybe there was another mysterious sabotaged internet cable in the Pacific again (which some believe could actually be a conspiracy). The idea of terrorists bringing down the internet isn't entirely impossible (though movies like Die Hard 4 are still really stupid).

If the net goes down I am not stepping outside the house.

On the otherhand if the server goes down I will give him a tip. :shock:

Oh you guys are terrible! lol

I do hope so Caylor. It would be such a waste if all this effort was for nothing. :shock:

Back on topic. Does anyone remember the topic?

Speeds seem to be back to normal this morning.

:hug:

On my laptop I'm getting my Trend Micro and Zone Alarm on schedule. On my home PC (which hasn't been powered on since Christmas break) my AVG and SpyCatcher updates took a long time because there were so many, but I got them all without any hangups. However, I noticed that besides AD and Codey's World that last night GA was very, very slow. No other websites I went to had that problem. Very bizarre.

Colin :shock: