Shake up for the Internet

Camy

The net could see its biggest transformation in decades if plans to open up the address system are passed.

The net's regulators will vote on Thursday to decide if the strict rules on so-called top level domain names, such as .com or .uk, can be relaxed.

If approved, it could allow companies to turn their brands into domain names while individuals could also carve out their own corner of the net.

The move could also see the launch of .xxx, after years of wrangling.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7468855.stm

I suppose it had to happen sooner or later.

So ... www.awesomedude.xxx or www.awesomedude.gay?! :icon_geek:

So ... www.awesomedude.xxx or www.awesomedude.gay?! :icon_geek:

I suggest www.awesome.d?d, because not only is it awesome, but it enco?rages ?se of the ?mlaut, which is q?ite ?nderrated.

I'd like it on record that I realize that most of those umlauts were used incorrectly, but that I do not care. Grammar is, after all, just another one of your "systems," man.

I suggest www.awesome.d?d, because not only is it awesome, but it enco?rages ?se of the ?mlaut, which is q?ite ?nderrated.

I'd like it on record that I realize that most of those umlauts were used incorrectly, but that I do not care. Grammar is, after all, just another one of your "systems," man.

?ttered like a true child of the Revolution. I'm with you EleCivil, but somehow AwesomeDud doesn't sound quite right. :icon_geek:

Naw, it's going to be awesomed?d?.com (Pronounce that at your own peril)

So as Hamlet nearly said:

"D?d? or not d?d?--that is the question:

Whether 'tis awesome in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous forum

Or to take arms against a thread of babble

And by posting end them."

:devlish: