Pecman Has Left the Building

As discussed elsewhere, I'm bowing out of all forum discussions for the immediate future.

One of my favorite Burt Bacharach classics (from the musical "Promises Promises") is titled "Knowing When to Leave," and I think the song and it's message are very apropos. Rather than continue the ongoing arguments on the writing process -- which I had hoped would be informative and passionate, but instead have snowballed into a bewildering amount of hostility and mud-slinging -- I figure the best course is for me to stay clear of AD from now on, and concentrate on more positive uses of my time.

I've enjoyed Awesomedude over the last four or five years -- hard to believe it's been that long -- and genuinely appreciate the new friends and acquaintances I've met along the way.

I'll continue working on my still-in-progress novel Pieces of Destiny as time permits, and I'll welcome comments to my email address ThePecman@Yahoo.com.

That's all, folks!

I am greatly saddened by this, Pecman. Your comments led to lively arguments. Except for the last post, I thought it was all in good taste, and informed us all. I for one didn't feel that hositlity, but can see how you might have felt there was some.

You wit and knowledge will be sorely missed. I hope your departure is only a short one.

Cole

Wow. Another author leaves. :hug: This is really quite distressing. One can almost hear the echoes of footsteps fading into the dark of night.

NO!!!!

Don't do this. John, I need to tell you this. I'm a new writer, and you've been an inspiration to me. Do you fucking know that? I don't always agree with you, and you haven't always agreed with me either, but we here at AD need your knowledge, inspiration, your...your...honesty.

Look, someone said they didn't like the way you said something. Well, so what? How many different writers do you know? And how many of them have off the wall opinions?

Look man. you're part of what we are. Just don't go. We (I) need you.

• 2 weeks later...
your...honesty.

Not just honesty. Constructive honesty. I?ve also been inspired by both your works and comments since I started to write. I?ve always appreciated how you don?t beat around the bush, yet manage to make any criticism you may have constructive. I believe that many authors, new and old could always benefit from your knowledge on the broad subject of writing. It?s never the same without an opinion or two from Pecman. :) Here?s hoping that your goodbye turns into a hiatus.

Dom

Not just honesty. Constructive honesty. I?ve also been inspired by both your works and comments since I started to write. I?ve always appreciated how you don?t beat around the bush, yet manage to make any criticism you may have constructive. I believe that many authors, new and old could always benefit from your knowledge on the broad subject of writing. It?s never the same without an opinion or two from Pecman. :) Here?s hoping that your goodbye turns into a hiatus.

Dom

Dom it is a pleasure to see you here at AwesomeDude Forums. Welcome.

You are not alone in hoping that Pecman returns soon.

His contibutions are a wonderful balance of ideas, and a source of knowledge from which we all benefit.