Windows SECURITY UPDATE

DesDownunder

Please note that due to a security problem Microsoft have issued an update out of sequence to their usual update release schedule.

Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB960714 issued 18th December 2008

Please investigate Windows updates at: http://www.update.microsoft.com/

to see if this applies to your setup. Those who have automatic updates switched on, may already be updated.

I have done my WinXP install without problem.

:happy:

I had no problems with the update on my Vista laptop. Once the download is done, it will require a restart to finish the update.

What I think is funny, the updates are usually done before their email alerts come out.

And I do believe they had a problem. Recently, I had to use IE to check something. When I was finished, I ran Ad-Aware and found two critical things. They were rated 10. I got rid of them and had no problems.

My employer uses IE as the browser for the network. Fortunately, I have administrative privileges to my desktop computer so I downloaded FF. A website that I goto to place a weekly order isn't set up for FF, so I'm glad I added the extra so I can use the IE fooler.

My employer uses IE as the browser for the network. Fortunately, I have administrative privileges to my desktop computer so I downloaded FF. A website that I goto to place a weekly order isn't set up for FF, so I'm glad I added the extra so I can use the IE fooler.

There is a tool called "USER AGENT SWITCHER" for Firefox. You install it. When you need to use your browser as (IE/OPERA) you just change it and your FF pretends to be IE. It works on MANY websites (not any that use flash or ActiveX) and you can not even use IE. It fools my bank. It's important you switch back because if you try to use any flash page your browser will blow up if the user agent switch is wrong.

Is IE gay? Hmmmmm!

It isn't good enough to be gay.