I pick your knowledge as I need.

You help me grow and to mature

My seeking heart you help to feed.

Our tender moments oh too brief

A special time two bodies share.

A man and boy the world condemns

They cannot know, I do not care.

I know that what we have is good

Your age can bring what youth can't have.

The world may say that we are doomed

But I'll love you so long I live.

Welcome to the AD Forums Deanbn1990.

Your poems are certainly interesting and I like this one because it dares to show the relationship of different ages from the younger person's positive perspective with genuine affection and love. This poem is in contrast to the coercion of lascivious paedophilia, and shows the noble idea of the love that can exist between a younger and older man, as Oscar Wilde said from the dock,

"...it may be described as "the love that dare not speak its name," and on that account of it I am placed where I am now. It is beautiful, it is fine, it is the noblest form of affection. There is nothing unnatural about it. It is intellectual, and it repeatedly exists between an older and a younger man, when the older man has intellect, and the younger man has all the joy, hope and glamour of life before him. That it should be so, the world does not understand. The world mocks at it, and sometimes puts one in the pillory for it."

...from Oscar Wilde's trial of 26 April 1895. See
Wiki's entry on Oscar.

Taken together with your other two poems (The Same, and Blot on the Landscape) the trio of poems make a strong statement of this love and its lasting effect for good.

Wonderful works, but I do like the upbeat tone of this one much more than the sombre other two. When I read about someone in pain like that, I just want to hug and love them. I'm glad you've found someone to do just that.