Waste of money nominations:

Exorcism, no matter which religion is involved, is irrational.

How do we cope with such irrational rituals?

Not very well, I'm sorry to say, given the large number of religious rituals that pervade nearly every society.

It wouldn't be so bad if those religious beliefs, customs and rituals were harmless, but I am horrified at the persecution of non-believers.

We are not yet completely free from the scourge of the Dark Ages it would seem.

Des, religion is just as irrational if you think about it. But if you truly believe in the almighty and his servants on earth, why shouldn't exorcism be just as efficacious? William Peter Blatty made a good few quid out of it. What get's my goat is that it's a council in London that spent the money. I'd have given them the lowdown for half the price.

Des, religion is just as irrational if you think about it. But if you truly believe in the almighty and his servants on earth, why shouldn't exorcism be just as efficacious? William Peter Blatty made a good few quid out of it. What get's my goat is that it's a council in London that spent the money. I'd have given them the lowdown for half the price.

Oh I quite agree Camy, but thinking is not something that is involved in religion as far as I can tell. I was just stating that exorcism is part of the irrationality.

I could organise a screening of The Exorcist at my cinema and have just as much chance of success.

I have openly invited a lightning strike, but so far no response.