Flash Mob - Canadian Style

Well, good luck with that. It might be one of the few hockey matches you'll see (other than junior) this year the way the NHL/Players "negotiations" are going.

Colin :icon_geek:

I've played a little hockey. Very, very little as I don't and didn't skate that well. But I played enough to know the puck is frozen and damned hard.

Now this video was taken inside, so the puck might have simply been hard rubber and not quite so lethal. But still, there were people all around the players. Errant shots occur all the time in hockey. The most scary aspect was two very little kids, probably three or 4, were standing right by the net. They could have been creamed.

C

Well, good luck with that. It might be one of the few hockey matches you'll see (other than junior) this year the way the NHL/Players "negotiations" are going.

Yeah, the lockout is driving a lot of people crazy. Some good news this weekend though, at least they're meeting. Maybe an end in sight. Besides, the NHL isn't the only hockey around, not even close. CHL Junior is great hockey, as is University and Junior-A, as well as AHL. Not only that, there's hundreds of community games going on on any given evening or weekend.

I've played a little hockey. Very, very little as I don't and didn't skate that well. But I played enough to know the puck is frozen and damned hard.

Now this video was taken inside, so the puck might have simply been hard rubber and not quite so lethal. But still, there were people all around the players. Errant shots occur all the time in hockey. The most scary aspect was two very little kids, probably three or 4, were standing right by the net. They could have been creamed.

C

Take a look at the puck. I'm pretty sure they were using one of those soft sponge floor hockey pucks like they use in elementary school gym classes.

There's a new pro hockey league that started up. I don't know much about them other than a brief comment on the sports news on the radio one morning. They have a team in the SF Bay Area, and apparently the owners of that franchise has some serious buck$ backing up their team.

Here in Northern California we don't have the high school and college hockey teams and leagues that you have in Canada. So we're stuck with the NHL and some amateur leagues that are very junior in ability but not in age.

I've played a little hockey.

Yeah, me too... back in high school.

the puck might have simply been hard rubber and not quite so lethal

Oh... what the puck? Ooooooh you said HOCKEY... I thought you meant HOOKY :confused: