Still Seeking a Top Dog for Codey's World

On 4/10/2024 at 7:35 AM, Talo Segura said:

This I completely understand, you don't want to give the keys to the safe without knowing to whom you are entrusting the treasure. Arch Hunter, certainly a pseudonym, I talked to four years ago in August 2020 when I edited his first story. I disappeared for a few years and haven't talked to him since, nor have I kept emails from four years ago. What I can tell you, which you can see for yourself, is he's written a lot since then. His writing is young and contemporary. Who he is, that is as much a mystery as who anybody is here. What is true is he is Polish and lives in Poland, English is not his first language.

If you want my impressions, I agree with @Altimexis he's a promising author, I wouldn't count not being promoted on GA as meaning anything, because promotion there carries constraints, like publishing first, which prevents a lot of authors. Anyhow, more important is that you get a feeling for a person, even when contact is online, and my feeling is he's a good guy.

I'm not sure he would want to take on the job and as for publishing here, the big negative is feedback, which relies on the forum and occasional emails. That is just not enough, but that is another topic for another discussion.

Notwithstanding other comments before and after this post, particularly from John and Steve, I still feel we might be missing an opportunity here. And I don’t think it hurts to explore more than one option.

Talo has said that he has spoken to Arch Hunter and done some editing for him some time ago. They have both done more writing in the intervening period.  Maybe, if Talo is still willing, he could renew the contact on the basis of mutually discussing their work, giving Talo the opportunity to discover more about him and his thoughts and objectives. Then if Talo is satisfied with his credentials, work on CW can be discussed. 

Softly, softly, catchee monkey!

Talo has the advantage of speaking the same language, hopefully minimising mistranslations and misunderstandings.

Cheers

P