"An Apprentice's Adventures" by Mark Friedman

Index page here.

This author is new to AD, and reconnected with us recently following a post I made at IOMFATS.  The first chapter is posted, and it looks like it will be a great story.  (I have not peeked ahead at the entire manuscript.)  The protagonist, Aidan, is 13 years old, and has just been launched by his King on quite an adventure.

Please take a look, and welcome our new author.

R

Apparently the story was submitted here about 10 years ago, but it seems to have fallen through the cracks.  The author contacted us again when I posted about the Turning Twenty event.  Our crack editorial team determined that this story should be published now, on its own, rather than waiting for the event.  

R

Our crack editorial team did a lot of work in sprucing up this story, for which all of us are (or should be) grateful.  Whether that will prevent things from falling through the cracks in the future is another matter.   But we will get cracking on what may turn out to be a hard nut to crack.

R

This is not the first site to host the story, so some who hang out on other similar sites may have seen earlier versions of it before.  And it should be noted that a big ol' thanks goes to Cole Parker for helping with some editing for it (and ch. 2 is now up at the time of this writing!).

Definitely love to hear any feedback on the story that anyone might wish to pass on.