Is the Bible fiction?

According to Costco it is:

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20131120&id=17129287

Preachers are up in arms, how dare they label it as fiction. Then what label do they think it should have? Perhaps drama, there's lots of that in the Old Testament.

How about adventure...lots of battle scenes. Maybe romance, a little Sodom here and there, and a whole bunch of begats. It certainly can't come under autobiography since everyone knows God didn't write it, although some claim he dictated most of it to his secretary.

I think they made a mistake by including the sequel in the same book with the original. Old Testament, New testament...It just confuses the readers and they are apt to claim all sorts of nonsense in God's name because of that.

Personally I think the stories in the Bible come from a bunch of earlier documents and myths, that would make the contents plagiarized. It's good thing the Bible isn't fiction, it might put people off from reading those kind of books and stories. Then I would really be screwed.

I think they made a mistake by including the sequel in the same book with the original. Old Testament, New testament...It just confuses the readers and they are apt to claim all sorts of nonsense in God's name because of that.

The tricky part is all the "unofficial" sequels that came later - the Qur'an, the Book of Mormon, the novelization of the TV miniseries based on the book (No, really).

Remember when Robert Jordan died, so Brandon Sanderson took over writing Wheel of Time, and then fans of Robert Jordan called Sanderson a heretic and staged a series of bombings in protest?

No?

Maybe labeling it as fiction was a step in the right direction.

It doesn't bother me as long as the Quran, Book of the Mormon, Torah, Tipitaka, Guru Granth Sahib and Vedas are parked in the same section.

If you're going to piss off one, you might as well get to them all.

It doesn't bother me as long as the Quran, Book of the Mormon, Torah, Tipitaka, Guru Granth Sahib and Vedas are parked in the same section.

If you're going to piss off one, you might as well get to them all.

What about the soundtrack to Book of Mormon? I hear that's pretty entertaining.