Something to warm up with

Guest Dabeagle

Guest Dabeagle

I'm snowed in. I have to go get ready to get gas and snow blow the driveway so my husband can actually make it to the front door - all while managing our son's desire to help. I read this and just thought it was wonderful - not a word I choose lightly - and I felt really good and wanted to share it with you.

On a related note, Lucas is really, really cute.

See it here.

I'm snowed in. I have to go get ready to get gas and snow blow the driveway so my husband can actually make it to the front door - all while managing our son's desire to help.

Learning opportunity! Put him to work.

"Without using the snowblower or a shovel (since that's too obvious), how can you clear a path from the door to the car?"

See what he comes up with. I did this with some student volunteers after school, just to see what they would piece together as kind of a real-world engineering puzzle.

Note that I had to stop a student mid-run and say "Don't do anything that will get you or me arrested," to which he replied "...Okay, on to plan B." So make sure you add that caveat.

---

Back on topic - what a great news story! I could see this turning into a short story or even a serial. (Not by me, though. I've barely got enough time to write one thing, let alone juggle multiple projects.)