about time......

E.J.

Yeah, this is an amazing story. I pray to god that the guy can get drafted onto a decent NFL team and have a good career. It'll be very telling whether the fans can deal with this or not. I tend to believe the (unnamed) NFL exec who commented privately, "I think this is about 3-5 years too early." I'm very skeptical on the mass public getting over very old prejudices and stereotypes.

But I'm rooting for the guy and hope he does well.

I want the Ravens to draft this dude. I tore the cover off and have it on my board in the apartment. I hope he has a stellar career as well.

Guest Dabeagle

In the list of teams who have said they'd welcome him or evaluate him as they would any other potential player on his merits, I'm profoundly disappointed that my Chargers have stayed quiet. My teams have a tendency to break my heart.

From, of all places, Texas comes a clip of a news anchor that so totally destroys the bigoted arguments of why there shouldn't be an NFL gay player...I was speechless at first and practically cheering by the end. Maybe Texas WILL turn blue.

See it here.

From, of all places, Texas comes a clip of a news anchor that so totally destroys the bigoted arguments of why there shouldn't be an NFL gay player...I was speechless at first and practically cheering by the end. Maybe Texas WILL turn blue.

See it here.

Well I know nothing about American Football or the NFL, except for the fact that they appear to be homophobic from what I read in discussion boards. However, I do understand a good speech when I hear it and this was one of the best I have heard for many a year. It is remarkable and well worth listening to.

He says in an interview that he was surprised at the reaction, that what he said was simply common sense. I agree, it was common sense. We need more of that in this country.

C

We need more of it on this planet.