The Way He Looks

colinian

The Brazilian film The Way He Looks (Hoje Eu Quero Voltar Sozinho) is open in several countries where it was shown in film festivals, and will be starting general release worldwide in July. It's the story of a blind teen who attends a regular high school. A neighbor girl, who he likes a lot, walks with him to and from school. A new boy enters part-way through the semester, and both the blind teen and the neighbor girl fall for him.

Here's a trailer that has English subtitles. All of the actors who are kids appear to age-appropriate (unlike the actors in Geography Club who look and are in their 20's). Click on the CC (Captions) icon at the bottom right and select English. Also, it's better in full screen (the [ ] icon at the bottom right corner of the video).

The Way He Looks won the Teddy Award for best feature film.

Colin :icon_geek:

Here's an interview in English with the producer and the three lead actors of The Way He Looks at the Teddy Awards. It won the award for the best feature film.

Colin :icon_geek:

• 9 months later...

DVD is released today (9th February) in Region 2, Europe, but Region 1, USA has to wait till 17th March :devlish:

My copy is now ordered, but will be a few more days as I'm too tight to pay extra for delivery.

Quite common for folk in Europe to have a DVD player that is all regions as mine is, but I believe somewhat rare in the USA.