Rolling the Dice by Lugnutz

Cynus

In response to our relation on another forum, I took the time to go review some of Lugnutz work again. Upon reading this autobiographical piece, I couldn't help but come and comment.

Lug, I want you to know that you are one of my favorite people here at AwesomeDude. You support everyone and have a heart of gold, and I am happy to share this space with you. I can relate to much of what you have gone through in life, and I'm glad you're still rolling the dice.

I gamble well, and I normally know how to place my bets. I'm betting My. Right is out there for you, and I'm sure he's been rolling the dice hoping to see you come down the road.

Good luck my brother. You'll get there.

Having just managed to avoid our own debt crisis, I do understand, empathise, with you, Lug.

Personally, I am very happy to see you and your posts. You always brighten my day, and if we lived closer to each other I am sure we would visit for coffee and cake.

My first job was at my Aunt's service station pumping petrol. I used to earn $6 for 4 hours work on a Saturday morning. That was over 50 years ago.

You have my wishes for your happiness, and, like our recent conquered nightmare proves, dreams can come true. :wub:

Concidering this was written 8 years ago, not much has changed. Now it's no job and a body that won't cooperate anymore. It's still rolling the dice, but when can I get a winning hand? I could go on for hours, but why submit anyone else to this crap? Keep smiling. It could be worse.

That's powerful stuff, Lug. I really feel for you and your situation. I know as teenager I was always shocked at how unfair life was. It brought me to realize we can't count on it being so. We need to go after what we want. Yet that still doesn't mean it'll happen.

But you couldn't be more right. We have to keep going, keep seeking, keep making opportunities. Other people are out there doing the same thing. Something, somehow, will snap. Be ready.

C