Autopsy by Dabeagle

Rutabaga

Here I am down in Mexico with a shaky Internet connection, but it seemed like someone ought to start s thread for this story!

It's an interesting exploration. I wonder if I would have been so articulate at that age. Well, actually, I don't wonder. I wouldn't have been.

R

I think that has to do with the conversation that goes on in one's house when he's young. You often find that kids, especially sibling-less kids who are part of a household where he's spoken to a lot and where the parents are verbal, has a speaking maturing beyond that of his peers. I enjoy kids like that. You can actually talk to them.

There is a thread elsewhere on the forum about an advert for a breakfast cereal, with video clips of the responses of a children's panel. I was amazed at how articulate / erudite most of the kids were and without appearing precocious. I was never anywhere near their standard at that age and I still struggle to put two sentences together now.

I think that has to do with the conversation that goes on in one's house when he's young.

Hole in one there, Cole.

I was once told that one of the reasons Jewish kids made good in the world was because they were all involved in all family decisions, including financial and political, from a very early age. The views of the youngest would get an airing even if the decision was ultimately made by the adults. The comment was not meant to carry any racial or other baggage, just to demonstrate the value of a particular aspect of family life.

There is a thread elsewhere on the forum about an advert for a breakfast cereal, with video clips of the responses of a children's panel. I was amazed at how articulate / erudite most of the kids were and without appearing precocious. I was never anywhere near their standard at that age and I still struggle to put two sentences together now.

Hole in one there, Cole.

I was once told that one of the reasons Jewish kids made good in the world was because they were all involved in all family decisions, including financial and political, from a very early age. The views of the youngest would get an airing even if the decision was ultimately made by the adults. The comment was not meant to carry any racial or other baggage, just to demonstrate the value of a particular aspect of family life.

Wow! You guys really cleared up my thinking on this one. I was having trouble figuring out where Dabeagle was at with this story, and the conversation seemed a little too private and intimate to me. I think it was really what Kale needed, though, since he does seem to have a mind that wants to follow such a straight track all the time.

Alec, at least, is one person who can give Kale an outside view. They really are a different set of best friends, but just the right sort to safely have each other to spill their feelings too, when the need arises. It's hard to think that Kale and Alec both have the same problem sharing their feelings, though, since they both seem so different in so many ways. It appears that for these two, sex really is the ulimate expression of how they feel for each other, since they can't ever seem to actually say any other way.

I just hope this latest talk clears up any doubts Alec had about Kale feeling superior to him, because I don't think there's a shred of that sort of feeling in Kale at all, in fact it seems to be the other way around, and Kale seems to be sort of envious of Alec because he appears to be so naturally confident and outgoing whereas Kale knows he has to work hard at being confident for the sake of his brothers and family. I guess that goes back to Alec being more self-reliant growing up as an only child, until Lucien gave him someone to look out for and protect.

I hope I'm right on that, because I was getting a bit disappointed with Kale being described as the stereotypcial gay rich kid who's over obsessed with the clothes he wears :redface:.