Home

JamesSavik

Home

dogwood-iris_zpsqmjwp4oi.jpg

What is this place? I haven't lived here in decades but it is exactly the same.

The dogwood and the irises covering it's roots were both in bloom. So was the Mountain Laurel and Azaleas. The roses were strong and healthy on their trellises burdened by big, heavy fragrant deep red flowers. Humming birds were fluttering back and forth between the flowers.

I looked at it in pride. I had spent years putting it all together. I felt a deep feeling of contentment at finally seeing it all come together.

A huge yellow tabby approached me butting my shins with his head. He purred loudly and danced on the tips of his toes. As I stroked his fur, I was shocked at the realization, "Pouncer? How could it be you?"

I picked him up and he draped himself over my left shoulder giving my ear a very gentle nip.

This couldn't be real. Pouncer died in my arms in 2001. Two years later I had lost this house. In truth, I had sold it but you can never get what a dream is worth. Somehow the searing pain of that memory was gone.

I walked in the kitchen door. Pouncer hopped down and took his favorite perch in the window overlooking the dogwood and the iris. Everything was in perfect order. The long oak dining table was set for two with a red and a blue candle. The inviting smell of roast, gravy, rice and biscuits filled the inviting, bright kitchen.

No one could know what the candles meant. It was private between me and...

When Jeff entered the kitchen, he was young and beautiful again. Not ravaged by time and disease.

For a beat I paused. My mind told me this couldn't be real but I wanted it so badly.

We fell into each others arms with tears of joy rolling down my cheeks.

All I could think of saying is, "I'm home my love."

Who wants to live forever,
Who dares to love forever,
When love must die.

But touch my tears with your lips,
Touch my world with your fingertips,
And we can have forever,
And we can love forever.