The Power of Truth

I did although I can't say anything without it being a spoiler. So only click if you've read the story.

One of the few short stories that poses more questions at the end than at the beginning - and gets away with it. Many try, but few do it properly, I'd not even try. Very much an unusual tale, but works on several levels.

I did although I can't say anything without it being a spoiler. So only click if you've read the story.

One of the few short stories that poses more questions at the end than at the beginning - and gets away with it. Many try, but few do it properly, I'd not even try. Very much an unusual tale, but works on several levels.

A very good story. Or, is it a story?

I learned this morning that a friend of mine passed away last Saturday. I have decided to dedicate this story to him, and have elected to provide the dedication here since it is not currently part of the story.

This story, while written before his unexpected death, is dedicated now to David Pye. He was an advocate for equality, a champion of human rights, and a man I was lucky enough to call friend. While I did not know David for long, or even as well as I would have liked, there are few people I have met who I could honestly say I could find no fault in them. May whatever truth you held to guide you along your path. Rest well. Be well. Amen.

Can I suggest the dedication be at the end of the story? Somehow seems more fitting and given the tale itself, gives nothing away. One of the best dedications I've read too, an awful lot of folk could learn from this as it's a prime example of describing somebody's work and the feeling one holds for them in a few words whilst losing nothing.

I'm not a fan of flowery language...

Can I suggest the dedication be at the end of the story? Somehow seems more fitting and given the tale itself, gives nothing away. One of the best dedications I've read too, an awful lot of folk could learn from this as it's a prime example of describing somebody's work and the feeling one holds for them in a few words whilst losing nothing.

I'm not a fan of flowery language...

Thank you, Nick. I really appreciate the sentiment. I think being at the end would be quite fitting. Thank you for the suggestion.