Author of:

TR, I just heard your ad on ADRadio, and it gave me a good laugh. I'm not sure it was intended to be 'tongue in cheek' but it's great! :icon10:

I myself am the author of numerous unstarted novels, and the painter of many unstarted masterpieces.

Sorry TR. I not making fun of you. It just sounded so...innocently self deprecating; understated recognition of your humanity. It actually made me want to hug you.

**Blush**:bunny:

Why thank you, fellas. :wub: Sad and sexy, that's me...well, the former, anyhow. I guess the laugh wasn't at my expense, huh, Trab? Trab, don't be so literal-minded, luv. And yes, that 'ad' was intentionally self-deprecating. I have other promos, though, and some may be unintentionally amusing. :w00t:

Speaking of cute promos, I just caught Janine's Aussie Act, it was hilarious! She almost sounds like an Australian! :unsure: That's Graeme's wife, for those who haven't read his Family Snippets in our Drawn From Life section. They're awfully fun, those stories and Janine features in many of them, so it was nice to put a voice to the name. :icon10:

Kisses...

TR :bunny:

P.S. The piano-playing bf took me out for steaks tonight and we had Australian wine with dinner. Little kangaroos on the cork...(the wine cork, not the bf's) made us wonder just what was in the bottle. While sipping the fruity, flavorful Oz wine, bf told me about this stupid tee-shirt he'd bought in Austria and I found a pic online...see below.

Geography is a lost Art, I suppose, along with Penmanship and Disco Dancing.

post-38-1160214629_thumb.jpg

P.S. The piano-playing bf took me out for steaks tonight and we had Australian wine with dinner. Little kangaroos on the cork...(the wine cork, not the bf's) made us wonder just what was in the bottle. While sipping the fruity, flavorful Oz wine, bf told me about this stupid tee-shirt he'd bought in Austria and I found a pic online...see below.

Geography is a lost Art, I suppose, along with Penmanship and Disco Dancing.

It's funny, but also very real. You have to remember that when an Australian (Edwin Flack) won a gold medal at the first modern Olympics, they played the Austrian national anthem.... I hadn't realised the confusion goes both ways, though I'm not surprised.

Thanks for the comments on Janine's promo. I'll pass them on :icon10:

I was undecided about whether or not to post this or PM it, but I think it's important for people to realize. In reference to TR's "Trab, don't be so literal-minded, luv."

I cannot help it TR. It's part of my Asperger's Syndrome. It would be no different if you were to say, "Don't be so tall." or "gay", or "right-handed". It's who I am, and sometimes I can act a part for a short while, but it almost impossible to not be literal minded for me, mostly because I cannot see what I am 'supposed' to be seeing. I don't know if that is clear enough. I'll try for an example (over explaining is another AS trait, but in written format I can detect it, in verbal I cannot and just ramble on). If one sees an ugly person, one can act as if the person isn't ugly. But if one truly cannot see if the person being observed is ugly or pretty (as in different standards such as might exist in aboriginal societies) one cannot act one way or another, so just says what they THINK is right, the only thing that actually comes to ones own mind.

The only reason I'm even going on about this TR, is because I know you are a brilliant and caring person, from having read some of your stuff, and this is the second time you've indicated you think this is under my control. It isn't, and it hurts me a bit that you think it is. It's very close to the way straights think we should just switch back to straight.

Hey guys... let's keep it light here. I am sure neither of you meant to offend the other.

The friendly and humorous banter is part and parcel of the AD Forums.

For the record, we all have our afflictions. I have to be careful not to reply to somebody who might have rubbed me the wrong way when my blood sugar is low. It has proved disastrous in the past.