NaNoWriMo

Camy

I read about this last year and the article noted that the main thing is to keep writing. It doesn't matter about what as it's the total number of words they want; not quality.

I thought it was an amusing idea, but I don't think I'll do it. I don't have the time to dedicate to it.

It doesn't matter about what as it's the total number of words they want; not quality.

Well, not that I've done it yet but they've has more than one NaNoWriMo author get their novels published, and not by small houses either: Warner, Berkley, Pinnacle, Mills and Boon.

As they say it's the deadline they provide, which for a lot of us (me, myself and I) is not a bad thing.

The article I'd read on it also said that there was at least one published novel that came out of it, but I know that anything I write would need a lot of work to get it to a publishable state, and writing to a timelimit isn't going to produce my best work. For others, it just might click and they could produce something that the publishing houses recognise as being able to editted into something worthwhile (ie. sellable)... but how much of that is the novelty factor and how much is that it would be a good book, I don't know.

If I were to do it, it would be for fun -- not to try to produce something "great". :icon13:

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to do it this year. I know some people who did it last year, and they really wanted me to join in, but I chickened out at the last minute. This time, though, I'll give it a shot. And hey, if I don't make it to 50,000, I'll still have a really good jumping-off point for my next story.

Hey, that means the words "EleCivil" and "new story" appeared simultaneously. Hang onto your mismatched socks, dudes... and be sure you don't sit in any ant dens.... :)

Woo-hoo, looking forward to what any of you produce, if it makes it here, there, or over there.

I need motivation to do a lot of writing and a pseudo-hokey monthly celebration just might do it. Count me in.

Pseudo-hokey? there's nothing pseudo about it.

Glad to have you aboard! I'm nearly 2,000 words in, which I wouldn't be unhappy about except I keep seeing the number 48,000 taunting me wherever I go.

Because I've only ever written short stories I'm finding it hard. They say 'pad, ya gotta pad', but what with? Old t-shirts, cat hair and navel fluff don't seem to do the job.