Windows Vista

Camy

As Vista will probably need or be taken advantage of to upgrade hardware (CPU, Motherboard, etc.) I think the middle of the year would be earliest I would contemplate getting Vista, and only then if there are no reported significant problems.

Also watch out for drivers being available for all your peripherals.

One thing's for sure, I bet I turn off all the GUI "enhancements."

By the way Camy my technically inclined friends all say WinXP is decidedly an improvement over Win 2000.

But If you are having no problems, stay with it till you need to change. :icon_geek:

:icon_geek:

Vista is being greeted with a rousing yawn. It is a real resource pig and has documented security exploits before its offical release.

I wouldn't touch for a while- long enough to get the worst bugs ironed out.

Vista is being greeted with a rousing yawn. It is a real resource pig and has documented security exploits before its offical release.

I wouldn't touch for a while- long enough to get the worst bugs ironed out.

That's one thing I dislike. They release an expensive product knowing it's full of holes, and buggy ... and then patch it up on the basis of complaints received. They let the general public who have paid for it act as their beta testers... meh.

Recently I had been experiencing some fatal error shutdown's on my desktop computer. I sent the usual error messages in. At one point, I got a reply back that MS was aware of the issue and that nothing was planned to correct this problem. It is however being addressed in Vista. So that's there way of getting around the problem. I must say tho, that since January's round of updates, I've not had anymore problems.

Jan