England vs. the USA

We have a saying in OZ when people don't know what the blue blazes they are doing.

We say they are "up the wattle."

This may explain why Cole and Wibby guessed the answer for the Wattle question.

And yes we do have turkeys in Australia, the birds, and the politically correct turkeys.

Congrats to our new little American mates.

::gives manly Aussie hugs to Cole and Wibby:: :hehe::hug:

Now without moving your lips and speaking through your nose, repeat after me: "'ow ya goin' cobber?"

Des:

It's absolutely impossible to say 'cobber' without moving your lips. I've been practicing for a half hour now, wanting to do the Aussie bit right, and I can't manage it. Do I lose my card?

C

Yeah, but I only practiced 3 times, each time, my lips pounding together on 'cobber.' I guess that you and I won't be Aussies this year. Maybe if we practiced cricket enough, they'll be sympathetic and give us a second chance.

And yeah, I shouldn't have asked a question about how do you play cricket. Dumb question asking about the unknowable. "In, out." Ah...nevermind.

Since cricket has been discussed, I'd like to take this moment to congratulate the South African cricket captain for his courageous actions today. Despite having already won the test series against Australia, and despite having a broken wrist, he batted today in a last ditch effort to try to stop Australia from winning the third test in Sydney. Sadly, he failed in his attempt, but I have to applaud the spirit he showed.

It doesn't hurt that the South African captain's name is Graeme Smith :hehe: Obviously, a good guy....

Since cricket has been discussed, I'd like to take this moment to congratulate the South African cricket captain for his courageous actions today. Despite having already won the test series against Australia, and despite having a broken wrist, he batted today in a last ditch effort to try to stop Australia from winning the third test in Sydney. Sadly, he failed in his attempt, but I have to applaud the spirit he showed.

It doesn't hurt that the South African captain's name is Graeme Smith :hehe: Obviously, a good guy....

Is it really any surprise? Since the people of South Africa came together to dismantle apartheid they have been a beacon of shining possibility: not of achievement but of what could be. First among the nations of the world they expanded the liberty of the Code Napoleon and guaranteed the legal rights of queer citizens. Graeme, we would expect no less of a nation whose cricket captain bore your name.

Yak