Shopping ~ How'd you guess?

blue

I think J.C. Penney's has me figured out. I just got an email from them, "For Him, From You!" ...Gifts for That Great Guy!

Yep, they're onto me. :laugh:

The trouble is, I pretty much have to do all my own shopping. I'm my own Santa this year...but that's been true the past several years. And y'know, "For Me, From Me!" just doesn't have that same ring to it.

But yeah, Penney's you've got it right. I wouldn't mind having a special him to buy for.

I'm probably in trouble though. I mean, what are they going to conclude from my past buying history, buying women's clothing for a petite, tiny woman? Pants. Tops. Undergarments! Shoes. Oh dear. -- Trust me, I could never get into that size! :lol:

Yeah, OK, but what's Petco going to think now?

Bwahahaha!

As much on the web as I am, I've been around in a customer demographic sense for a long time now.

Wait, that makes it sound like I'm....

OK, there's just no easy way out of this corner I've painted myself into. Dagnabit.

• 1 month later...

Hmm.... It has been a long, long time since I last bought from J.C. Penney's, and that reminds me to go in and cancel their card.

I just checked my email. J.C. Penney's has become confused about me. Their email ad says, "Be the It Girl!" My thought was, "Uh, sorry, you've got the wrong guy!" But I thought, OK, I'll see what the email says. Hmm. It is indeed an ad for women's clothing. If I were female or straight/bi with a wife or girlfriend, or if there were some nice female relative in need of a not-too-intimate present, well, maybe. The ad is for women's dresses, shoes, handbags. Sorry, no, no, and no. LOL. They are talking to the wrong guy, sorry.

Now, if there were some skit or amateur thing where I was supposed to play a character in drag, especially for a comedy, I could do that without having a macho fit. -- OK, I might have some angst, there, but I think I'd be mostly OK. I think. There's this slight issue of a mustache and knobby knees, though. ...OK, I have no idea how I'd look, really. Probably not the most attractive guy in drag, I bet! -- I haven't been in a skit or amateur play in a long time, and I'm not now part of a group, so it's not really an issue. -- Drag just isn't my thing. I, uh, have run into at least two ppl who were in drag though, and that was an "experience." (I wonder if the second guy knew I could tell, haha.) -- Note, my eyesight and whatever, it might take me a minute to pick up on the fact, if someone's androgynous enough.

No, I'm not sure why I felt the need to justify. Maybe my own insecurities there?

However, Penney's? You sent that ad to the wrong customer, sorry. Not currently any lady in my life I'd want to buy women's apparel for.

That's what I get in emails from Gap and Old Navy and Macy's. They must think Colin is a girl's name. I've never bought any women's or girl's stuff from any of these stores online. It's actually rather amusing!

Hmm... maybe they know I'm gay! I may be gay, but I don't wear any women's or girl's clothing. And no "funny" comments from the peanut gallery, please.

Colin :icon_geek:

That's what I get in emails from Gap and Old Navy and Macy's. They must think Colin is a girl's name. I've never bought any women's or girl's stuff from any of these stores online. It's actually rather amusing!

Hmm... maybe they know I'm gay! I may be gay, but I don't wear any women's or girl's clothing. And no "funny" comments from the peanut gallery, please.

Colin :icon_geek:

Curses... foiled again! :sneaky: