Maryland Legislator Doesn't Support Free Speech

Cole Parker

Emmit Burns is a pastor in his conservative Christian church so this should not be such a surprise. What should get him in deep trouble is that he used Maryland House of Delagates stationary to send the letter. At the very least he should be censored by the Maryland Assembly for that. Otherwise, this just proves that wingnuts come from both political parties. Free speech, Burns should recognize that citizens have the right to use it just like he does, otherwise toss the jerk out.

Chris Kluwe's response to Emmit Burns is delicious! My favorite line is "This is more a personal quibble of mine, but why do you hate freedom?" You ROCK, Chris!

Colin :icon_geek:

I love this line from the story on football player Chris Kluwe:

Chris Kluwe Explains Gay Marriage To The Politician

Who Is Offended By An NFL Player Supporting It:

“They Won’t Magically Turn You Into A Lustful Cockmonster."

Well, we can only hope...

A sweetly written and thoroughly amusing response. Thanks to the urban dictionary I learnt a new word, too: fromunda. As in 'Narcissistic fromunda stain.' Yick. If Burns doesn't have an instant blood pressure problem I'll be most surprised. :icon_thumleft:

I think at this point that I need to come out of the closet and admit I have been a bigot against jocks for years. But, no more. These two football players have taught me that I have been guilty of the same prejudice these men are fighting, not against gays, but against athletes. I have allowed my experiences in the past to color my thinking. I have assumed that all jocks were jerks. They're not and these two men are stellar examples of why I've been wrong for all these years. I respect them and I'm grateful for the courage they have shown.

As for this Burns character... it amazes me how right-wingers preach freedom of religion only for those who pray the way they do and freedom of speech only for those who speak the way they do.