A front page story in today's LA Times

Cole Parker

Prostitution: even by any other name is still the act or practice of providing sexual services to another person in return for payment.

Real therapists do not sleep with their patients and I would imagine any organization that sponsors membership for someone who performs this kind of activity ought to be called Madam's Local Number One. Only in California? I doubt it :lol:

Prostitution: even by any other name is still the act or practice of providing sexual services to another person in return for payment.

Real therapists do not sleep with their patients and I would imagine any organization that sponsors membership for someone who performs this kind of activity ought to be called Madam's Local Number One. Only in California? I doubt it :lol:

While I have to agree, that's what prostitution is, it is also a very narrow definition. There is certainly a difference between providing sexual services for the immediate physical gratification of the customer, but I can also see where providing teaching, coaching and psychological support involving sex could be construed more as educational and healthy, and while still classifiable as sexual services, would seem to require a less pejorative label.

I also agree that sleeping with customers, if you're truly a guru and not a hooker, on the surface seems to lack proessional distance. However, again, I can see where a select few customers who have problems in the bedroom that discussion thereof don't seem to help much, could benefit from, can I say, hands on instruction.

I don't know if there's a union or not. If there were, in California the union board would reject any evaulation of the services.

:lol:

C