Our stories reach people

Not to be immodest, some 10 years ago, I tried to promote the construction of a theatre that would utilise exactly that kind of experience, but local funding bodies just couldn't understand the concept or its inherent value. I'm just pleased to see it presented, but I am wondering if the screen was real or was the whole thing a videoed mock-up?

Not to be immodest, some 10 years ago, I tried to promote the construction of a theatre that would utilise exactly that kind of experience, but local funding bodies just couldn't understand the concept or its inherent value. I'm just pleased to see it presented, but I am wondering if the screen was real or was the whole thing a videoed mock-up?

There is a screen/video setup in the Sony Center in downtown Philadelphia, PA much like the one in this video, so I do not think the entire thing is a mock up. The Sony Center puts on a Christmas presentation every year starting around Thanksgiving that lasts around forty minutes. Their screen is completely wrap-around video that is about two stories tall and about 100 feet long, inside the lobby.

Isn't that what we all want and hope, those of use that write and release stories into the wild? That wish that there might, if all the stars line up correctly, be some kind of meaningful impact for the people reading them.

GW, I think there are a lot of writers here at AD that write for that exact reason, I know I do. I've talked to many of the kids in our GLBTQ Center youth group, and I hear their stories. But, I know that there a lot of kids out there that don't know what it can be to be themselves. It's not just the kids though. It's also their parents and the hetro society too that need to understand.

I write for a second reason though. I was an engineer before I retired, and engineering did not afford me a release of my creative side. So, I took up writing for that release. My genre of choice is closely tied to my passions.

I have received many emails regarding my meager givings, and some were in tears.

Rest assured Gee, that we are making a difference.

Beautifully done video!

I agree with Richard's sentiments.

I have occasionally thought to hope that one day a mother of a 13yo that has just come out to her will come on the net and Google "mother of gay son" and get a hit on my "Gray" and decide to react supportively. If that ever happened it would be the most wonderful justification for having been here.

And it's heart-warming when you can see the difference. A boy in the States once wrote to me in wild enthusiasm about The Scholar's Tale. It had prompted him to come out to his parents, who proved iffy. So he printed it out and gave it to his Mom to read to persuade her that it was really all right. And it did the trick.

There is a screen/video setup in the Sony Center in downtown Philadelphia, PA much like the one in this video, so I do not think the entire thing is a mock up. The Sony Center puts on a Christmas presentation every year starting around Thanksgiving that lasts around forty minutes. Their screen is completely wrap-around video that is about two stories tall and about 100 feet long, inside the lobby.

Thanks Paul. I'd love to see the Sony Center screen.