Ren by Cole Parker

As with all Cole's work this is a delightful tale, set on a Texas ranch with brave and resourceful heroes. I thoroughly recommend it. It has the tremendous apparent advantage that it is growing as we watch. Chapter 13 is on the AD homepage while 14 has now also appeared... hopefully the story will last forever

This is a great story, and ticks many of the best boxes.  It is always gratifying to see a young protagonist rise to the occasion with pluck and resources he never knew he had.  And the story wraps up with a significant amount of justice being received by the villains (in at least three separate contexts).  If it was a movie there would be loud cheering in the theater at several points.

Good job.

R

• 4 weeks later...

I finally finished this story and loved Ren's character arc. He went from humiliated and beaten in Mississippi to triumphant in Texas. Maybe I should move.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:04 PM, JamesSavik said:

I finally finished this story and loved Ren's character arc. He went from humiliated and beaten in Mississippi to triumphant in Texas. Maybe I should move.

If you're going to move, I can think of hundreds of places that would be better than Texas. I'm partial to NYC, but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Boulder was recently featured as the most livable city in America, and I'd wager it's gay-friendly.