One of the victims of the Boston Marathon tragedy

As most of you likely know by now, one of the fatalities in the Boston Marathon bombing was an 8 year old boy.

This young lad was standing with his mom and sister at the finish line, waiting to congratulate their father upon his completion of the marathon. His mom and sister are now in critical condition. This youngster lost his life.

a59r3p6.jpg

His name was Martin Richards. This picture is from his school. His teacher says, "Martin was a true, authentic believer of peace."

Horrible, horrible, horrible story. I can almost understand (but not forgive or excuse) a terrorist targeting soldiers or government officials, but I'm outraged that anybody would deliberately want to hurt spectators watching a race on a sidewalk.

I agree with Gee above: the shot of the kid with the sign has been all over the news, and it's very touching and emotional.

I hope they catch the bastards who did this and find out how and why this terrible thing happened.

They talked about Martin's father on TV tonight. That's a sad, sad story. He lost his son, his 6 year old daughter lost one leg and is probably going to lose the other as well, and his wife is undergoing brain surgery. Martin's older brother wasn't injured physically, but what must it be like to see your brother, sister, and mother so grievously injured. My heart goes out to this family.

Colin :shock:

Terrorism has been a part of the political landscape globally for decades.

We have been exceptionally lucky so far that it is rare here. Whoever did this has damned his cause. Notice that no group has claimed responsibility for it.